S1E10: Getting Nya (in more than one sense)

Reading time: 6 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your team, following Wu's suggestion, finally decided to give you proper weapon lessons. Yes, you already tried doing just that but you were alone and honestly had no idea on what were you doing, so having proper lessons was a nice of a change. Thanks to this you got a hang of it and now were confident enough to use your kunai, in the meantime you still trained with Kiko.

But despite all the progress you had made you still couldn't do spinjitzu.

***

It was a few days after the competition when Zane's falcon spotted the snakes. "Looks like Pythor is at the Temple of Fire" Cole pointed out, which was mostly for you as you never heard of it.

"That means the Fangblade is there" Jay started, then you and Kai joined him in saying, "And Nya" You three looked at each other and laughed.

"That's the same Fire Temple where me and Lord Garmadon first faced off" The red ninja muttered, more to himself than anyone else... unless he wanted to flex.

"It looks like the volcano has grown unstable since the last time we've been there" Zane, who was connected to the monitor for you to see his falcon vision, noted. "The place is just waiting to blow up. This will be a highly combustible environment"

Jay chuckled nervously, "Oh, great. Just what I like. Fighting armed and deadly snakes in a high combustible environment about to blow up!"

"We will do what we must"

"So, no weapons?" Cole looked at your sensei and the man shook his head.

"How is this different to any of the missions so far?" You said under your breath and the boys laughed a little catching on your sarcasm.

"We're getting sassy, aren't we now, (name)?" Kai raised a brow and you lightly punched his arm.

When the Bounty stopped the boys and Wu got down, as much as you wanted to be the one to save Nya, you couldn't leave Lloyd, especially after what happened at the competition. Ever since that day the boy became even more attached to you and in constant need of your affection.

And Wu decided it was best of you sat this one out.

So, being left with no option, and not wanting it any other way, you stayed with Lloyd as he ended his present for the soon-to-be-saved girl. Kiko was, well, himself and run around in circles or jumped around while playing with everything he deemed interesting enough. Watching him made you wonder how old he actually was. How do you even count dragon years anyway? From what you know he, technically, should be at least a little older than you, but his way of being showed something completely different! He acted like he was 5, or less!

Though from what Wu told you he had over thousands of years yet, despite his long ass beard, he looked like he was in his late 80s at worst! And moved like he was less than 20 at best!

The more you thought about it the more confusing it got. You looked at your supposed son and started to do the math in your head, not really liking the direction this all was heading to you shook your head.

Less than an hour after the ninja left you heard very concerning noises, it sounded like thunders but you knew it actually was the unstable volcano. A few minutes later you felt the ship shook, just the same way it does when it starts to move. "Stay here, I'll be back in a minute" You told Lloyd and kissed his forehead before leaving to check what was going on. When you stepped outside you saw that not only Nya wasn't there but Kai also disappeared. "Where's Kai?"

They all frowned and looked down or to the side, but no one answered. You looked up at the volcano as it erupted. Before any tears could gather in your eyes you saw a ball of fire shoot out of the volcano. Your team looked behind and their frowns were quickly turned upside down as they realized what happened. Jay jumped in happiness, "It's Kai! He's found his True Potential!"

It didn't take long for him to land down with Nya in his arms, not counting a few scratches and bruises she looked fine. When their feet touched the wood both of them immediately lost their balance. You and Jay helped the girl stand while the other two done the same with her brother. Nya coughed before weakly smiling at you, "Hey..." You hugged her lightly which she quickly returned.

You helped her get to her room, even though she protested saying she's fine, and went back to Lloyd as promised. A few hours later, when the boy finished his gift, you all gone to Nya's room where he handed it to her.

Things have finally returned back to normal.

***

"Hey, (name)?"

"Yes?" You looked at the girl, hugging Lloyd as he was already asleep.

"Listen I-I... had a lot of time to think, and I think..." She trailed off while looking to the side, then she took a big breath. "I'd want to be— for us to be partners" You blinked. Did you heard that correctly? "Like, I-I know you don't really do romance, but I like you more than a friend and I wanted to know if we could try... being in a relationship...?"

You stayed silent for a while, looking at the now red girl as you felt your own cheeks warm up. You looked to the side and scratched your neck, "Well, we can try..." You laughed nervously.

"Really!?" You gave her a nod to which she squealed and then kissed your cheek making your face match her in color. "Thanks you, (name)!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai – 77% (+3)
Friend

I, as the author, feel like Kai has a thing for sass (+3)

Nya – 92% (+10)
Girlfriend

You agreed on being in a relationship! <3 (+10)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now, I stand by my past statement, you are getting more than one ending. It just seem like that's how it's supposed to be. So you enjoy your free gf until you break things of ;]

This episode had to be shorten because most of it runs around Kai and Garmadad hating each other, and Kai being obsessed in being the green ninja. Well Garmadad is not here and you are the green ninja so how do?

Don't you fret tho, as you have another chapter ready to read after this one right away ^w^

(I also changed the name of this episode, I will do this if the name doesn't fit in w/ the story)