S1E11

Reading time: 13 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: self-doubting (remember, y'all're amazing)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After Nya got back everyone's mood became visibly better, you were especially happy. Ever since you agreed to be her partner she would occasionally give you kisses, smiling widely as your cheeks became a dark shade of pink. The boys noticed instantly, you expected Jay to be sad or mat at you, and he kind of seem like it, but he didn't start ignoring you and actually wished you two good luck.

It was a nice surprise.

***

You all gathered on the bridge as the boys came back from interrogating one of the snakes they managed to track down. Nya sighed after looking at the map, "The Venomari's right. By the time we cast sail clear across the other side of Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last Fangblade"

"Oh, come on, guys. This is the last one. We gotta get it. We gotta think of something!"

It was barely a minute after you started brainstorming when you felt a tug on your arm. You looked down at your supposed son. "Yes?"

"All we have to do is just get one Fangblade to stop him. What if we take back the other three? Pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him. He's probably hidden them somewhere while he goes for the fourth"

"It's so simple" Cole said, putting a hand on his forehead, almost facepalming.

"Why didn't I think of that!?" Kai did facepalm.

"It can't be that easy..." Jay muttered under his breath.

"Easy?" Zane looked at him. "My algorithms suggest taking the other three would be far more dangerous. Pythor would undoubtedly have them protected by his top generals"

"Well, we don't have to steal all three. One is enough" You reminded them, then ruffled the boy's hair. "Good job" He smiled widely, happy that he helped. Happy that you praised him.

"Even if you could steal the other three, we don't even know where they are. For the past few weeks, there have been almost no Serpentine sightings. How are they moving around? It's like they're ghosts"

"Or snakes" Nya said in a tone suggesting she realized something. "Bridge, give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago!" The computer showed a hologram of Ninjago with no activity visible.

"See, nothing. It's just like Sensei said"

"But what if they aren't traveling above ground?" She eyed her brother before continuing, "They're snakes, right? Snakes burrow. Bridge, now give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago but twenty feet below surface" The computer did just that and soon you saw a web of tunnels that the snakes must have create.

Kai gasped, "All the tombs have been interconnected!"

"To make one massive underground fortress"

"And all this time, right under our noses..."

"Or rather, feet" Zane said causing the shortest teen to elbow him with a smile.

"There, that's the most protected area. The Fangblades must be held there" The red ninja pointed to the middle where you saw a big open space.

"Then what are we waiting for? Nya, set the course!"

"Already on it, Pookie! We'll be there by sun-up" You blushed at the nickname.