S5E1: Conspiracy theory

Reading time: 30 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: mentioning of stalking (kinda), lil bit of gore, implied(?) manipulation of minors

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You walked through the Misty Forest, green riding hood on, basket of baked goods in one hand and Kiko by your side. After what you called Zane's Cake Day (celebrated once a month and proudly created by Cole), Sensei suggested you get Auntie some of it, as she was sick and couldn't visit you at the monastery. You, of course, agreed and almost immediately went on you merry way.

But why did Auntie have to live in the middle of the Misty Forest? You hated that place ever since you went there with Nao and Ozzy.

How big were the chances you're going to be next?

You'd ask someone to accompany you but you were afraid they'd end the same way. If someone was to die because of you it better be you, you cannot lose anyone else.

As you walked down the path you stumbled upon Angelo and Alex. "'Ello, (name)!" The taller teen called out to you. He tilted his head, eyeing the basket in your hands with interest, "Whatcha doing?"

"Getting Auntie some cake. How about you, guys?"

"Collecting flowers! They're really beautiful this time of year. Hey, why don't you get her some flowers as well?" The blue haired teen suggested, you had to suppress a laugh.

"Auntie doesn't do flowers"

"Oh..."

"Wait, you're going all alone?" Angelo asked, looking at you with concern. "But what about the Thing?"

You shivered at the mentioning of your monster, the image of the Thing brutally murdering your ex friends flashing before your eyes. You shook your head and laughed awkwardly. "I'll be fine. I have Kiko, right, Buddy?" The dragonling let out a huff in agreement.

"I'd still be careful..."

"Sure thing! Well, I gotta go now. See ya two later!" You waved at them as you resumed your walk, totally unaware of the purple, glowing eyes observing you form the shadows.

You walked some more, carefully placing each step and constantly looking around. It took some time, definitely less than you felt it did, before you reached your old home. You knocked on the door.

No answer.

You furrowed your brown confused and knocked again.

No answer.

Now getting scared, you pushed the handle.

The door were unlocked...

On no...

You quickly pushed the door wide open and rushed inside. "Auntie!?" You called for your mother figure but you got no response. You called her two more times, running around the house. At the very end, you found yourself in front of her bedroom. The door squeaked as you opened them. In spite of your thoughts the room was as neat as ever, the lamp on the nightstand lit to illuminate the room, Auntie was laying on her bed, but something seem wrong. None the wiser, you let out a relieved breath. "Thank goodness! I brought you some cake" You smiled at the woman and lifted the basket. She didn't answer.