S5E8: Kingdom Co- Wait, holup, that wasn't in the script...

Reading time: 18 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: possession (not rlly present in this chapter tho...)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Deepstone bars. You're never getting out of here" Nya said to the ghost with a proud smile. "Now tell us, what's in the tomb that's so important?"

"What does Morro want?" Cole asked, glaring at the other ghost with his arms crossed.

"Ghoultar never talk. Oops, Ghoultar talked. Uh, Ghoultar no talk from now on"

"Oh, I'll get him talkin'" Ronin raised his Aeroblade but Wu put a hand on his wrist, lowering his hand down.

"No, Ronin. We must find another way to get answers out of him"

"Let him laugh. The ninja are already in Cloud Kingdom and well ahead of Morro. Let's just hope they can find the Sword of Sanctuary before it's too late" Misako added, causing the younger man to grunt in annoyance and put the weapon down completely.

"We must use our time wisely. Come, Nya, there's still training to be done" The girl sighed, not liking this one bit. "As for Ghoultar, keep an eye on him, Ronin"

"Don't worry, old man. I've got him"

__________________________

"Did we make it...?" Kai groaned out while all of them sat up.

Echo let out an amazed gasp, "The Cloud Kingdom"

"Now," Jay stood up, partly being sad he had to let go of the cloudy ground as it was really soft and warm. "Let's find this Sword of Sanctuary"

They approached a golden gate and it opened, a man with a small smile coming out to greet them. "Welcome to Cloud Kingdom. We've been expecting you"

"Ha, how are we-" Jay got cut off.

"Standing on a cloud? Easy. In other Realms, there are other rules. I'm Fenwick I've been asked to show you around"

"Nice to meet you. I'm-"

"Kai, yes, we all know. You're quite popular with the other monks. Up here, we see everything that goes on in Ninjago"

"Then you know-"

"You've traveled far for the Sword of Sanctuary, a powerful weapon that can foresee your opponent's next attack. It's also the second clue to finding the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master"

"Blimey. But how be you-"

"Finishing your sentences? I know, it's rather annoying, but up here we know, let's just say... we know what's going to come next. Come, I know Morro isn't far behind. Follow me and I'll explain"

He led them to a big library, they barely set foot inside when they heard a very angry voice, "I'm not 'threatening' you, I'm just saying that if I don't find out who did it, everyone's gonna pay. You really should know the rules at this point!!"

Fenwick stopped abruptly, tensing up. "Oh no..." He whispered to himself, fear evident in his voice. The ninja looked at each other, then redirected their eyes toward whatever the man was looking at.

There, still going on a rant that seem to only get more intense with every single word, was a teenager with shoulder-length dark hair. Even if they weren't screaming at some poor monk they'd still be very easy to spot due to how they were dressed, while everyone had some white or brown robes, they were wearing black sweatpants and a red-and-white hoodie. And even if they were wearing something to blend in, they still would be betrayed by their black nails.