S4E9 & 10: Who let the snakes out!?

Reading time: 24 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You don't know how much time exactly has passed before the Destiny's Bounty arrived to pick you up, but it sure seem like forever. Everybody was jumpy in one way or another.

As you walked onto the ship you were met with two surprises, 1) Misako was also on the ship, making the blond kid annoyed, and 2) Garmadon, just like Skylor, Chen and all his followers, was an Anacondrai. He sighed seeing your confused faces, "I should've known Chen would start a cult sooner or later..."

"Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us. Be prepared for anything and everything" Mystake reminded you. "We're running out of time"

"Remember, whatever happens, we're stronger united. We fight as one"

"Let's do this!"

And so, as you arrived to Ninjgao City you were ready, well, everybody but you was. Whatever small will to fight you got was lost during the tournament. But you had a plan, one not really complicated, all you wanted to do is make sure at least Lloyd and Kiko wouldn't get hurt. You would add Cole and Auntie on that list if not for the fact they were literally stronger than you.

But you noticed something strange while circling around the city in search of any angry snakes, Chen just wasn't there.

Seeing your opportunity to prepare for the fight Nya set the course on her used-to-be-secret base in the desert.

***

"Hm..." You looked at Skylor with a raised brow, she was staring at her hand, one which wasn't purple anymore. "Looks like the spell's wearing off"

"But if that's true, it only makes Chen more desperate to act now!" Kai stated.

"There isn't much time. Nya, could you lend us the vehicles Mr. Borg gave you? We have to be on standby, even if we don't know where Chen will strike first" Nya nodded at the younger droid and started typing on her big computer.

"I didn't knew Borg gave you anything" Kai complained as he watched his sister work.

"You were 'busy'" She rolled her eyes.

"Well, it's good he did, because if we're not all there to stop Chen when he first attacks..."

"Ninjago will succumb to war. Our greatest fear will come true" Garmadon ended for your boyfriend.

"Then the greatest victory will be that which has no battle"

"But how do we prevent a war? How do we stop an enemy we know so little about?" Jay asked, looking at Wu.

"We know someone who does know" Auntie reminded. She turned to all the Masters, "Once Nya gives you the vehicles go back to the city, we'll try to get some useful information" They all gave her a nod, not long after that Nya started giving them the vehicles. You raised a finger, knowing what you were going to ask Mystake answered without you needing to say anything, "And when I say we I mean you. Me, (name) and the kids will stay here with Nya to monitor the situation"

The older brother sighed, "Why do I always get the dirty work?" You and some others laughed quietly.

"Echo should stay with you" Zane said, putting a hand on his brother's shoulder. Before the younger droid could protest he smiled at him. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you. When this is all over I will teach you how to control our power" With that Echo's eyes sparkled. Zane kissed his forehead before he and the rest took the Bounty to fly to Kryptarium Prison. Not long after them, the other Elemental Masters went out as well, all expect Skylor since she was a snake and going out would only scare people.