S4E6

Reading time: 17 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Everybody, and I mean everybody (Raven and Kiko included), was gathered inside of a blimp. The atmosphere was so tense you could cut it with a knife, perhaps one of yours.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay asked, finally having enough with how Griffin was eyeing him throughout the ride.

"The next one out of the Tournament"

Jay could only click his tongue in response, not wanting to continue and lead to any physical fights. Not yet anyway.

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow? Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen?" Kai glared at the teen, burning holes in his face.

Shade rolled his eyes. "I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'm gonna put you on your back"

Paleman whistled while looking at Skylor, the girl obviously wasn't happy about it, "Do you fucking mind!?" Kiko huffed, semi agreeing with her.

"Tensions are high"

"Yeah, not as high as we are now. Can hardly see the island from up here" You muttered in response to Auntie.

"I've had enough of this!" Neuro, who all this time was sitting extremely tensed up and shaking, quickly got to his feet and started to walk to the door leading to the control rom. "I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" He opened the door, immediately he regretted it as the room was empty. "Are you fucking kidding me!?" Everybody quickly stood up and looked over his shoulder.

There was only a small monitor inside, it flashed on and Chen, in all his crazy glory, appeared on the screen. "How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light! Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now? Ahem, ahem. Hello final nine. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different" The screen flashed again and a video of Nya running through the jungle while frantically looking around showed instead of the man.

You and your teammates gasped. "Nya..." You whispered, now you felt bad for snapping at her the other day...

"You know her?" Skylor raised an eyebrow at you.

"It's my sister" Kai explained.

"We have an uninvited guest on the island"

"And she must be holding the proof that will stop Chen!"

"Find her and you will automatically move on—"

Jas gasped. "The spell he plans to use when he takes our powers!"

"—to the final round!"

"He wants us all to hunt her down? She won't stand a chance!" You cried out.

"Then we have to find her before anyone else does" Kai said, placing a hand on your shoulder before the three of you, and the animals, eyed the other competitors.

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop" Everyone gasped as the floor started to open, you froze in place. "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes. Each for one real contestant" Everybody but you, the animals and Alter quickly jumped to get the parachutes. "And since Angelo got himself kicked out, I guess one of our stowaways can use it. Toodaloo!" The screen turned to black.