S5E11: Curseworld

Reading time: 22 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: child gets eaten (dw, he's unkillable :3)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Making sure you're safe was top priority for everyone on the team, you tried getting them to go and look for the ghost but they refused.

You walking and talking apparently wasn't a good enough sign for 'I'M FINE'.

The heroes spend almost the whole day with you, only when the sun was coming down did they leave you in the care of Auntie, Dareth and Echo while taking the kids and going back to the tea shop.

"Shouldn't we be going to Stiix? The longer we wait, the worse it'll get!" Kai complained barely setting foot on the front yard of the shop.

"And remind me why you wanted us to take the kids?" Cole asked, glancing at the two with worry.

"We need to stock up"

"On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible? Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?" Jay practically trembled with excitement, Lloyd looked at him weirdly hearing the last idea.

"Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else" As Wu said that the lil ninja looked his way, so they had magical tea!

"What? You sold your business? But that was for your retirement"

Instead of the man replying to that, none other than Cyrus Borg got out of the shop on his wheelchair. "Ah. Hello again, ninja!"

"While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know"

"It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you. Lloyd looks older. I see a Water Ninja. A Titanium nindroid. Cole is a... a ghost? Huh?" At that the black ghost ninja frowned and looked down in shame. "Jay looks shorter" The blue ninja did a double take while Lloyd laughed. "And, and then there's Kai..."

"Hey, what do you mean I look shorter!?"

"I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase. We don't have much time"

("You would've had more time if you didn't waste it babying me, Kai" You'd say if you were there.)

"Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you" He got out some remote and pushed a button, soon a platform with three vehicles and one something rose up. "If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning-fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage"

Jay squealed. "Oh, why did the ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!!" He quickly jumped in and went for a ride while Cyrus continued.

"Zane's Ice Mech. Sure it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition"

"Super cool. And I mean quite literally" The white ninja smiled at his own joke while walking to get into his mech.

"Heh. Uh, had I had more time, I'd make it a two-in-one mech for both you and your brother"

"It's alright, Mr. Borg. Thanks for thinking about them"

"Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh... bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorites"