S5E10

Reading time: 21 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: possession

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The five teens were safely sitting inside of Rex as the ship moved underwater, controlled partly by the autopilot and partly by the Master of Earth with Zane doing as his GPS. "We're almost at the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master" The GPS ninja said as they were only a few meters away from the location Ronin put into the computer.

"Yeah. Can't believe we're almost there after all we've been through" Jay said, sounding actually excited.

"I can't believe I'm underwater" Kai muttered under his breath.

Cole immediately looked his way. "You? What about me? Just how thick is this glass?" He asked knocking at the glass.

"We're heading to your location now. With Morro already ahead of you and able to foresee the traps protecting the tomb with the Sword of Sanctuary, it's going to be up to you five to find the Realm Crystal before he does" Wu said, him and Misako showing on the screen.

"Cole's a ghost, Kai can't swim, we have no magical sword..." Jay chuckled nervously. "What could go wrong?"

"I may not know the three tests you're about to face, but I discovered a riddle that makes reference to it that may help: 'A Spinjitzu Master can. A Spinjitzu Master cannot. To move forward, don't look ahead, to find his resting spot'"

"Huh. That's food for thought..." Cole muttered to himself.

Jay gave a nod to his words, then he turned around and gulped seeing a Leviathan. "Speaking of food, we're about to be some!"

The other four quickly looked through the glass walls. "We have to go faster. Much faster!" Kai complained as the sea creature was quickly catching up with them. When the Leviathan was close to them it hit Rex multiple times, causing the glass to crack, thankfully no water got through. Kai backed away from the crack in fear of drowning. "Why did the tomb have to be underwater!?"

"What kind of weapons is this thing equipped with?"

"We don't need weapons. Aim for that rock!" Zane said, pointing at a rock with a hole in the middle.

Cole nodded, "On it!" He directed the ship to swim through the hole, the Leviathan followed them and got stuck. The five cheered.

"Yeah! All right! Atta boy, Rex! Atta boy!"

They traveled a few more minutes before Rex stopped in a cave. The five walked out to check the area. "If you wanna hide a tomb, this looks like a good place. We're here" Cole said with confidence.

Before they could be happy about finally succeeding, Jay noticed a cloth on the bush right outside the cave. "Argh! There goes any hope Morro couldn't find this place"

"Hey, stay positive" Kai elbowed him lightly, earning a soft glare. "We're about to risk our lives going through traps we know nothing about. All we have to rely on is each other. At least feel lucky we got this far"

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. What was I thinking?" Jay asked, faking an overly dramatic apology tone. "Hey, there goes any hope Morro couldn't find the tomb! We're not alone! Yay! Now we're gonna have to fight him again! Sure, we got our tails handed to us last time, but you never know in the future, because ninja never quit!" He said in a cherry sweet voice before turning to the red ninja with a deadpan expression, "Better?"