S3E4

Me: *puts down another tissue box and laughs maniacally*

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reading time: 22 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: canon-typical racial conflict, mentioning of child neglect/abandonment, kidnapping, attempt at murder (what else is new?)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If there is something the ninja expected after going back to the city, this surely wasn't it.

The streets had all the electronics beat up and damage, it looked like a robotic graveyard. It was eerily silent, 'no soul decided this place was good enough to haunt' type of silent. Echo hugged his brother's arm.

"What happened?" Kai asked, almost with horror, as he looked around the city.

"No power, that's what happened"

"Are we too late?" Zane took a couple steps and stepped on a tripwire, he looked at it with furrowed brows before all the citizens run on the top of the robo-mountain in front of them.

"Outsiders must answer to the Postman!" Some man yelled out.

"Return... to... sender!!"

"Ah, you finally made it" Cyrus got from behind the mountain, riding on a normal wheelchair, and smiled at the heroes. "Don't mind the savages. Since power went out, everyone here has grown a bit bored. Their imagination knows no bounds"

"What can I say, creativity IS my strong suit" A guy in a prince-like outfit and a balloon crown on his head said.

Cyrus then noticed his assistance and gasped in amazement, and shock, "Pixal, amazing! You're... powered!"

"You need to stay in character, Borg. This is no fun if we're not all committed" The postman, or mailman, or whatever the frick you decide to call him, crossed his arms in annoyance.

The man in the wheelchair groaned, "Oh, I'll have you committed if you don't all leave us at once! Now shoo!!" The citizens groaned but listened, with reluctance, and turned around to go back to whatever they were doing before the heroes came back to the city. "We have real problems to address. Pixal, what's powering you?"

"Zane gave me half of his heart"

"Thank you, Zane. I am greatly indebted" He said with a smile before frowning and letting out a sigh. "Unfortunately, the hard drive was stolen with the digital imprint of the Overlord. You'll be unable to erase him with your Techno Blades until we find it"

"Aw, don't worry, we already had a little run in with the red-handed suspect. Or, should I say white-handed? They left behind a white scale" Jay raised the white scale they found barely a day ago and smiled. "Get this, they're Serpentine"

"Lucky for us, the last Serpentine were sealed within a tomb right under the city, so it's about time we pay them a little visit" Cole said, taking off the manhole's cover.

"Approach with caution. I've also lost a few valuable prototypes. They may be armed and extremely dangerous"

"We know, and uh, ahem, just for the record, when those prototypes are made available to the public, could you let me know? They're just the coolest gadgets!" The blue ninja's eyes sparkled, making the man laugh.