S2E4

Reading time: 20 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: there's like one dirty joke, also mentioning of blood and losing limbs

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a few days after you encountered your clones, life was normal. Though you were in constant fear of getting confronted by another one of Garmadon's plots to make your life a living hell. You weren't entirely sure if he aimed to kill you but the fear of unknown could do just that.

You took a break and watched as Kai tried to activate his elemental power, suddenly a wrecking ball crushed the window wall making all of you jump with a yelp. You quickly hugged the child next to you in a protective manner. "What was that!?" Cole screamed while Jay was clinging onto him for dear life.

"Woah, woah, woah!!" Dareth came out running from the beaded doorway. "This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?" One of the construction workers scratched his neck in confusion just as you looked at Dareth with similar expressions. "Let me see that order" He took the order slip from one of his coworkers and read it before realizing his mistake, "Oh, yeah. My bad. Sorry 'bout that. We'll be back in the morning" Kai let out a disapproving noise.

"Uh, Dareth, what is this all about?" Cole looked at the man while he was in the process of mourning after his bent trophies.

The man stopped his antics and sniffled before looking at the teen. "Well, I fell behind on some of my payments and some developer named 'Darnagom Enterprises' is buying the entire block to put some stupid Frisbee-golf course. They say if I don't come up with 50,000 by tomorrow, the dojo is gone"

"And you're telling us this now!?" Jay thrown his hands in the air.

"Wait a minute. 'Darnagom'? When you rearrange the letters, it spells—"

"O grandma?" The blue ninja cut Zane off.

Kai facepalmed before hitting his head. "No, idiot! Garmadon!"

Jay laughed nervously while scratching his neck, "Right. Hehe, that would make more sense..."

Lloyd shifted and you let go off him to give him more space. "Um, my dad is behind this?"

"If he destroys the dojo, where will we train?"

Dareth sniffled again and looked at Wu, then his gaze lowered to your sensei's teapot. "Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours?"

Sensei shook his head causing the other man to frown, he put a hand on his shoulder. "Worry not, Dareth. You're not in this alone. We're all with you"

"Did someone say 50,000?"

Jay gasped hearing Nya speak as she walked into the Dojo, "You didn't happen to win the lottery?"

The girl laughed. "No, but I heard about Ninjaball Run" Now it was your turn to gasp, knowing too well just what she was talking about. The boys seem confused though.

"Ninjaball Run?"

"It's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow"

"I thank you, little lady fighter, but you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious of racers even stand a chance" Dareth quickly added crossing his arms. You nodded, even if nobody was looking at you.

Kai thought for a minute before smiling at his sister, "Didn't you just do a few upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Raider? Maybe we might stand a chance"

"What!?" You looked at him as if he was crazy. To be fair, he kind of was.