S2E9

Reading time: 16 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Ehem..." You were talking with Dareth when you heard someone behind you clear their throat.

"Oh, hi, guys" You smiled at the three boys, Jay's lips formed a small smile before he coughed lightly and put on a poker face just as the other two. You raised a brow. "Is something wrong?"

"We just wanted to have a talk with Dareth" Cole said without much emotions, this concerned you.

"Okay... Uh, Imma go find Lloyd..." You got up and slowly made your way outside. Immediately you wanted to go back, why so many people live in this forsaken city!?

***

"Ugh, useless pile of junk!" Jay groaned when he got splashed with oil. Your friends were trying to fix the Bounty while you were taking care of the children.

Something was a little... off.

You couldn't help but notice how unhappy Lloyd was, it's not like he's not allowed to be sad or angry but... he was never this angry.

Okay, maybe he was, back at the museum not even a week ago. But holy crap, not even your hugs seem to cheer him up. Not mentioning Kiko was trying thrice his best to make him smile, all without any success.

Now you really wished he could speak.

"Oh, it's worse than I feared" Nya cringed. "The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain" She sighed deeply. "Sorry, guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon"

"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks"

"What the eff is your deal with the birds?" Jay glared at his friend in black.

"Hey! What happened in the past stays in the past!"

"Alternative timeline at best!"

Kai facepalmed at the bickering of the two. "We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Ugh, I hate feeling helpless"

"We mustn't give up hope, Kai" Wu said as he and Misako came up to you, Lloyd's mood immediately became worse.

"But the Stone Army is indestructible!"

"That's not entirely true" Misako started, "There is a way to defeat them. And it is told within the scrolls" Wu motioned for you to join the rest. You extended a hand towards the small boy, he looked at you, then glared at the woman and took it with an angry growl. You frowned from his reaction but said nothing and followed your team inside. "The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Green Ninja" She unfolded one of her scrolls on the table.

"What!?" You tensed up.

"Yeah, I was starting to question what the Silver Kunai can do" Kai admitted earning himself a slap from Cole. "C'mon! You never though 'bout it?"

"However," The woman continued, "I have a reason to believe my son also has such power" Everyone turned to look at the blond boy, he only crossed his arms with an angry huff.

"I mean, we did send him to fight them..." Kai started slowly, looking at each of you. "And I don't see him being hurt in any way" Lloyd, being... offended?, turned around and quickly left the room. "...Okay..." The red ninja scratched his head feeling awkward. "So... any more bright ideas?" He turned to Misako.