S5E3

Reading time: 19 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: implied manipulation of minors, possession, technically threatening children

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Making an involuntary deal with a ghost trying to possess your body wasn't something Lloyd had on his wish list, nor bucket list. But hey, at least he (temporarily) got a new power, even if only the ghost had control over it.

Oh, who am I kidding? The situation was awful! The kid had to forcefully drag himself out of his warm bed and go out in the middle of the night to steal something the ghost wanted. How was he to possibly explain to you why he did it without telling you about getting semi possessed!?

At least the wind didn't make him freeze to death now...

He was lucky enough and managed to not only sneak out of his father's monastery but also all the way to Ninjago City's museum. Even with the wind speeding him up, it was a shit-ton of walking and he hated every single second of it. Being a kid and having Elemental Powers he was able to sneak inside the building, he passed a night guard (who lowkey made him not regret what he was about to do as he was playing with his father's statue and pretended to defeat him) and checked room after room after room until he finally found some old armor.

'Is that all?' He asked in thoughts.

'Uh, no? You still have to get the staff'

Lloyd groaned in annoyance. 'So now I gotta hide this?'

'Ya duh!'

More groaning ensued.

***

Lloyd slept till noon, tired from all the walking he was forced to. You got a little concerned when he wasn't the one to wake you up but you never disturbed his sleep. You did however check up on him, surprisingly enough he seem to had a black streak in his hair. Oh well, he and Tommy had had weirder ideas.

When he finally woke up he was still tired, visibly tired. "You okay?" You asked, a little worried. Maybe you being unable to sleep caused him sleeping problems...?

"Mhm..." The blond nodded slowly. In contrary to this statement his head fell to rest on your arm, you promptly scooted him into your arms.

"You sure?"

"Yes, Zaza" He yawned. "Just a little 'ired..." And the ghost in his body still trying to possess him, you know, the norm.

You hummed, deciding to believe it for the time being. You started rubbing his head, running your fingers through his golden locks. "So, what's with the hair?"

Lloyd blinked, looking up at you in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You know, the black streak? How did you guys found hair paint at Wu's?"

"U-uh, Tommy borrowed it from his brother. We, um, planned pranking the boys but we kinda ended up doing this instead" He forced a smile pointing at his hair. The fuck was going on? Was Morro behind this? But how?

'Possession side effect. I don't think that's natural though, might be connected to the fact you're one stubborn kid!' Lloyd suppressed a growl at this. Of course he was stubborn, the ghost wanted to take control over his body! Was he supposed to just let this happen!? 'Would be nice'