S2E8

Reading time: 11 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Those pesky snakes!

After getting defeated by the ninja, again, Garmadon went back to the City of Ouroboros to recruit the snakes to help him.

It went just about as good as you'd imagine.

He quickly got betrayed.

Honestly, how dare they!? I mean, sure, he wanted to do the same with them, but how dare they!?

One doesn't simply betray the future ruler without consequences! They're going to pay...

And he'll make sure of it.

But that had to wait since, as of now, he was stuck on a small island. How fucking lucky of him.

No, seriously, he's lucky he's a demon or else he'd drowned!

He growled dusting himself off, he failed to notice a horned figure approaching him. The figure retracted its horns and changed its skin color, now it looked like a normal human would, mostly – a black haired man in his late 30s with unnaturally fair skin, dark navy eyes that seem to hold a faint purple glow, but only when you really tried to see this, and a fancy outfit resembling battle armor decorated in purpleish crystals. "Ah, I've been waiting for you" His voice sounded unnatural too, too raspy and echoey for his own good. But what could he do? After all, he hadn't spoken for years on end, and as for the echo... meh, he'd just need to try to not sound like a broken TV.

Garmadon quickly looked up at them man, instantly taking a fighting stance, "Who are you? What is this place? Where am I? This isn't NInjago"

The man discreetly coughed before speaking again, his voice only a little less raspy, he'll get there eventually, "It is the place you were always meant to find. Destiny brought you here" He smiled stepping aside and extending a hand towards the island.

Garmadon gasped, "This... this is the Dark Island! The one mentioned in Captain Soto's log! But, who are you?"

"I go by many names, but you may call me Overlord" He bowed a little hiding his sinister smile that only grew the more the two interacted.

"I..." Something seem a little off, but the villain decided to brush it off. He coughed, not so discreetly, "I order you to give me the power to defeat the ninja. Give me the power to turn Ninjago into my own image!" Overloed laughed causing Garmadon to furrow his brows. "Why do you laugh at me?"

"Soon, you will have everything you desire, but first, there is something you must do for me"

The Oni eyed him suspiciously, "And what would that be?"

***

You yawned sitting at the table, your friends looked at you with concern. "Are you okay?" Nya was the first to voice her worries.

"Huh? Oh, y-yeah! Just a little tires... Tired! Because of the... tires..." Your eyes were closing on their own and your head felt too heavy to keep it up straight, making you look everything but fine. You groaned seeing their unamused faces, "Sorry, I couldn't sleep last night.."