《 2. Castle 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I'm headed straight for the castle
They wanna make me their queen

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Darkness was the only thing you could see. It was completely pitch black. An endless sea of darkness.

When you came to, you tried to move your arms and immediately were met with a wall. On all sides. Wherever you were, it was a tight space. Had that last part of you falling through the mirror just been a dream? Did the huntsman end up capturing you after all?

If that was the case, there's no way in hell you're dying. You've chosen to live, so you were going to live.

Before you could realize what was happening, you emerged from the confined space and landed smack on the ground.

"Ow..ow..ow..." Grumbling from the pain from hitting the floor, you quickly got up.

As you rose to your feet, you found yourself in a large circular room surrounded by dark levitating coffins. Wherever this place was, you could tell it wasn't the store anymore. The fancy décor didn't match the store's humble design.

Amidst your growing confusion, you looked down and quickly realized the burning pain in your leg had gone. The bullet wound had vanished, and you were wearing a different set of clothes.

You were alive, and wherever you were, the huntsman was out of sight. You had escaped the huntsman.

What is this place...?

With heightened awareness, you hesitantly approached one of the coffins and inspected it, only to thankfully find it empty. The one beside it and the next were empty too, so you assumed the coast was clear.

It was all so bizarre, nothing like you've seen before. Then again, you lived in the magical woods for most of your life. Mystical things shouldn't alarm you in the slightest, woods or not.

Where the hell am I...? You questioned as you gazed around the room in bewilderment.

The thing that caught your eye next was a large black mirror in front of you. You slowly walked towards the towering mirror which stood tall in the center of the room. Judging from where you fell, this mirror has to be the source of your arrival.

The mirror has to be a portal. You deduced.

Just as you scrutinized it, your eyes lowered in realization.

The huntsman must have entered the mirror room by now... he must not have discovered I went through the mirror...

As much as you were afraid to return, you couldn't possibly stay in this place you didn't belong. Sure you escaped the huntsman, but you had no information on where you were now or whoever resided here. How would you even manage? And judging from those coffins...

I have to go back... Although you were hesitant, you had made up your mind. There was no more running away. You were going to go back and face the huntsman, and accept the consequences of your actions. That poor girl you hurt needed her wounds treated, and the huntsman deserved his own justice.

Extending your hand, you pressed the dark reflective surface, only for it to be flat as glass against your palm. Not water.

...

...?

Although you were confused, you weren't entirely alarmed just yet.

Perhaps you simply needed to ask the mirror to return you. It is magical after all.