《 13. Cake 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I'm not a piece of cake for you to just discard
While you walk away with the frosting of my heart

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

There was that infamous smell of blood again. The red liquids ran down your snout as you feasted upon the corpses that laid before you.

Another naive family bit the dust. They never lasted very long in your woods.

The father was a huntsman. A moronic one at that. You simply waited for him to leave the house and you entered in, mistaken for a wandering innocent girl.

Humans are so foolish.

Kindness and generosity never did anyone good.

That naiveness is just beginning for someone to take advantage of it, isn't it?

The door slammed open, revealing the man of the family behind it. His eyes were wide in horror as he saw the mess of blood splattered all over his home. You were loomed over the corpses of his wife and children.

He grabbed his gun and you pounced at him.

Why...? Why did I...?

You shot up from your sleep. Hands shot to your temples. You tried your best to calm your rapidly beating heart.

Another nightmare, when will these end? You internally cried.

"(Y/N), are you alright...?" Deuce was the first to comfort you.

Everyone's eyes were on you. You wanted to run away and hide in embarrassment. "I-I'm fine..." You uttered as you averted your gaze and got up. They don't need to know.

As much as the others wanted to comfort you, you appeared closed off, so they decided not to pry into what that was about. You must've just had a nightmare or a bizarre dream.

"Well... Today is the Unbirthday Party. It's off with our heads if we're late." Deuce recalled.

"Right, today's the party..." Yuu muttered to himself. He seemed as perplexed as you were.

Suddenly a knock at the door alerted the five of you. Deuce walked over to the foyer and noticed a shadow behind the door. "Hm? It looks like someone's here."

He opened the door and Cater strolled in. "Good morning~! How was yesterday's sleepover~? Did you experience youth fully by playing cards and other games~?" He asked happily.

Ace yawned. "Good morning, Cater. Yeah, we played some cards. Grim didn't know the rules so he kept picking old maid." He uttered dejectedly with a slump of his shoulders.

"Damn it...! I couldn't win at all!!" Grim growled in frustration as he recalled his losing streak.

"Your face completely shows when you get the joker card, you know?" Deuce added with slight amusement.

"So what?! Yuu kept winning! It was totally rigged!" Grim lamented with a pout.

"Yuu's surprisingly good. Both him and (Y/N) are good liars." Ace complimented the both of you.