《 25. Killshot 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

If I wanna stay alive
You should never cross my mind

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

That's when you saw it.

A carriage.

It was just... standing there in the center of the dirt path.

What was it doing here, in the middle of the forest? You had no semblance of an idea.

Just then, your stomach rumbled loudly. A constant reminder of your starvation. Those rabbits weren't enough for you. You were still hungry.

Swallowing your pride, you slowly took a step forward, and walked towards the large carriage. There was a chance there could be food, and you were prepared to beg if there were humans inside.

You tucked yourself underneath the immobile carriage and called out. "H-Hello?"

"...Does she always wake up late like this?" Jack plainly asked Yuu.

The two of them were standing in your room.

The boy beside the wolf nonchalantly nodded with a chuckle. His eyes glossed over your tranquil sleeping form. Admittedly, he didn't mind it as much.

"Yeah. I'd get her an alarm clock, but chances are she'd probably sleep through it." He joked lightheartedly, which the wolf inwardly huffed at.

"Hey, wake up." Jack gently nudged your shoulder.

As he did so, you woke up and slowly opened your eyes. However, when your vision adjusted, you weren't met with a ceiling like before. There were two people and a small gray monster staring at you.

Eyes widened in panic, you nearly jumped out of bed when you realized it.

Why does everyone keep showing up in my room when I wake up?!

Although you could defend yourself, the lack of privacy that you had when you were asleep was admittedly terrifying. Thank goodness the people you surround yourself with didn't seem to be too distrustful.

"What are you doing here?!" You asked with slight apprehension. Sheepishly, you held your blanket up to your neck with both hands.

Jack remained unfazed by your reaction as he responded. "I came to wake you guys up. It's the day of the tournament after all." He replied casually as you relaxed.

Grim was bubbling with excitement. He couldn't wait to play in the tournament. "We're gonna catch the culprit and then we'll be rewarded with participating in the tournament, right (Y/N)?!" He asked you.

"Yep, that's the plan." You answered. I guess.

Even though in secret you only wanted to watch with Yuu on the sidelines.

Yuu smiled warmly at the two of you. "Let's do our best."

"Hmph, see you in the arena then." Jack turned to leave but not before locking eyes with you. "Don't you dare go back to sleep."

You narrowed your eyes and pouted in response. Wasn't planning on it.

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────