《 12. The Bakery 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Eatin' all the rainbow cookies
Pies are flying through the roof

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

After picking a bucket load of chestnuts, the story of how you almost fought some scary dude in the garden was told. The boys were shocked by how protective you were over Yuu. Although it was a given since it was your literal job. Still, you took it pretty seriously.

"And that's what happened."

"That dude's definitely not an attendant..." Ace muttered, wide-eyed in shock.

"If I think back now that I've calmed down that guy was wearing a yellow vest so he must be from the Banana Dorm." Grim pondered aloud. You furrowed your brows in confusion.

Banana Dorm?

"Banana... Does he mean Savanaclaw?" Deuce concluded.

You quickly realized what Grim entailed. "Yes he does..." You nodded.

"I...Is it just me or are there a lot of delinquents at Night Raven College...?" He theorized as he held his chin.

No kidding. You could probably argue that case against most everyone attending this school, although you would go more far to say there was something strange about the students.

They're not all that different from me.

"Alright! We picked up a lot so this should be good! Let's take them back to Trey!" Ace said rather happily which prompted you to lose that train of thought.

"Nyaha! I can practically taste the tart already~!" Grim cheered.

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────

Buckets filled with spiky fruits, the five of you returned to the school's kitchen. Despite being quite large with fancier tech, it had a slight humble cottage themed charm to it.

"Welcome back. I see you've picked a bunch." Trey observed as you put the buckets on the table.

"You can make a gigantic tart with these!" Grim exclaimed, nearly drooling at the thought.

"Though, you'll end up doing more work, but... Do your best." The upperclassman replied.

Deuce looked over the various buckets full of chestnuts. They were going to have to peel and roast every single one of them. "All of this, huh...I feel like we'll be here for a long time."

"Preparing beforehand is necessary when making dessert." Trey advised.

"Yeah yeah, we get it!" Ace blurted out with a scowl. He wanted nothing more than to hurry this along. "I'm so ready to get this over with!"

The chestnuts were difficult to break out of the spiky shells. The mature ones were split open, but for some they were impossible.

"It takes a bit of work to peel off a chestnut's shell. Let's use magic to cleanly peel them off." Trey suggested but Deuce stopped him.

He subtly gestured to the magicless bunch next to him. "Ace and Yuu can't use magic, so peel them off normally, please." He advised.

Ace glared at the two. He didn't need a constant reminder of his predicament. In fact, it only made him more angry and stubborn.

"I'll show you I'm faster than your magic!" Ace declared with a huff.

He picked up the chestnut and then suddenly dropped it on the floor.