《 16. Just like magic 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Manifest it, I finessed it,
Take my pen and write some love letters to heaven

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Alright! Let's start with cleaning up the garden!" Cater exclaimed with determination. He studied the tarnished remains of the rose maze and began sulking. "The garden I worked so hard in is in shambles... Boohoo..."

"I'll help you out." Trey declared.

Cater refused his help. "You go and take Riddle to the infirmary, Trey. He just went into Overblot, so I think you should have the doctor check on him." He suggested.

"It's as Diamond says. I'll accompany you." Crowley offered as he took a step forward.

Trey nodded. "Yes, sir... Thank you very much."

The upperclassman helped Riddle to his feet. Once he could stand, the two of them escorted him out, even offering their shoulders if he needed them.

"I'm so hungry after using so much magic..." Grim pouted as his stomach began rumbling. He started walking before noticing someone on the ground. He picked it up. "Hm? This is...This is the same as that black magic jewel we saw in the Dwarf Mines!"

The four of you went over to Grim and inspected the black rock in his hands. Just as he said, it matched the appearance of the black jewel that was at the scene before.

"You're right... Where did it come from?" Deuce pondered aloud.

"Don't eat it this time." Ace ordered him.

Unfortunately, nobody really had control over Grim. "It's a taste I can never forget, so I'll dig in!" Grim insisted as he popped it into his mouth.

Everyone was taken aback by how fast he ate that thing.

"He's already eating it!?" Ace exclaimed.

"Eh? He can eat stuff like that with no problems?!" Cater questioned. Even he was disgusted by Grim's actions.

Grim hummed happily. His stomach was swimming in delight. "Hm~! It's got a rather sweet taste, but there's also a good kind of bitterness mixed in~! It's a totally different taste from the last one I had!" He described.

"Is your stomach really okay?" Yuu asked with slight intrigue. You were a bit curious as well.

"Ah, he's a monster so he's probably made differently from us." Ace assured him.

"Even so, I don't think that doing this constantly would do him good." Deuce uttered.

"You have a point..." You answered in agreement. Now that he pointed it out, it was starting to seem like a bad thing.

Grim on the other hand, had been completely ignoring your group's concerns. "Hm, it's got a really refreshing and soft kind of taste, yanno?"

"Hey!! Don't eat anything you just picked up!" Deuce scolded him.

"Really now..." Cater watched your group talking amongst yourselves. None of you realized the weight that had been lifted off his chest. And it was thanks to all of you.

"Thank you, guys." He whispered with a smile.

"Did ya say something?" Ace asked as he turned to him.

Cater dismissively waved his hand. "Nope, I didn't~"