《 23. masquerade 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Now you're part of my blood omen
Getting high off serotonin

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

It was a full out fistfight between you, Deuce, Ace, and Jack. Grim was there too, but just as you expected, after one punch he decided to retire.

"TAKE THIS!!" Jack said as he threw a punch.

"BACK AT YOU!!!" Deuce shouted as he threw one back.

When Deuce withdrew for a second to rest, you came in with your own attack.

"COME ON~~!!!" You exclaimed as you charged forward and got Jack in the side. Although he stumbled slightly from your blow, he took it like a champ. He was as tough as you anticipated, maybe even more.

The fight was extremely exhilarating. Each swing gave you a burst of energy. Every time you got knocked back, you'd get back up again with a grin on your face.

After a couple rounds of brawling, the three of you drew back to catch your breaths.

"You both put up a pretty decent fight..." Jack complimented between gasps. He stretched off his mild injuries.

He was impressed by the both of you, but you especially subverted his expectations. Not only did you tank hits pretty well, your blows were incredibly strong for someone with your build. You definitely weren't an amateur.

"You, too... Not bad at all..." Deuce managed to exhale back as he huffed.

The whole time Yuu and Grim were peacefully sitting a safe distance away, observing the duel from the sidelines. Ace had participated in the fight as well, but he dropped out a few minutes after Grim.

"Your punch has sent a shockwave to my heart..." Grim sighed, dizzy as he fell backwards into Yuu's lap.

Ace couldn't catch his breath. "You're getting too carried away... I don't care about being a player anymore. It's too tiring..." He surrendered before planting himself next to Yuu.

"You all look beat up, lol." Yuu quipped before he pointed at Ace's face. The boy gave him a strange look in response.

You were having way too much fun with this. It had been a while since you had a physical fight, and part of you had been itching for some fist to fist combat. So much so that you were ignoring your injuries.

Unfortunately for you, Jack and Deuce seemed ready to settle the fight while you were still full of energy.

The fight's over already? You pouted with disappointment.

Lowering your fists, you scrutinized the two of them with a curious glance.

"Huh? Are you both tired already? I could go on for a few more hours." You confessed with a grin as you stretched your arms and legs. Your uniform was a bit dirty from getting roughed up.

That brawl was admittedly refreshing to you. After fighting it out, you realized you weren't even infuriated at Leona or Ruggie anymore. The stress had evaporated like water. Who knew punching could be so therapeutic?

"Seriously?!" Ace questioned your words.

He knew you were strong and capable of fighting, but he had no idea how belligerent you were. Yuu was just as surprised by this revelation.

"Of course. I was supposed to take Leona in a physical fight, but that never ended up happening..." You explained with a noticeable downcast look.

The one who challenged Leona to a fight was you? Jack didn't know whether you were reckless or insanely talented. He wouldn't admit it, but he was intrigued by your ability to fight. There was a chance you could even be a good sparring partner.