《 11. Therefore I am 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Top of the world, but your world isn't real
Your world's an ideal

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Once classes finished up, you joined up with Yuu and the others and walked around the school. It wasn't before long you found yourselves in the woods which was located behind the campus. Compared to your own it was fairly vast, but the forest in Dwarfs Mine beat it in mysticality.

Grim gazed up at the trees in amazement, spotting the trees containing the spiky fruit. "Whoa! There really are a lotta chestnuts here! If we have this much, then it's all-you-can-eat marron tarts for us! Gehehe..."

Without warning he swiftly climbed up one of the trees, reminiscent of when he climbed the chandelier. He swiped at the chestnuts and grabbed one. "Let's hurry and—Ouch!"

He flinched in agony and tried to release the fruit, but it was stuck on his paw. "Gah! The chestnut's thorns dug into my pawpads!" He cried as he waved his hand in an attempt to shake it off.

Losing focus and flailing about, Grim fell off the tree. You swiftly ran under said tree and caught him in your arms. Perfect timing.

"You're more eager about this than I am." You said with a light chuckle as you peeled the spiky fruit off his little paw as gently as you could.

He jolted at the sudden pain. "Owowow! ...Those things hurt." He uttered quietly after you set him down.

"Looks like it'll be impossible to pick them up with bare hands. It'll also be good to get a basket or something to put them all in." Deuce observed.

While you and the others studied the trees, Ace turned around and pointed over to the glass building in the distance.

"The botanical garden probably has whatever we need inside." Ace inferred.

"Let's go take a look." Deuce decided as everyone else quietly agreed and headed over to the glass building.

As soon as you stepped inside, you noticed right away the warm humid air of the area. The air was fresh and it smelled like a various blend of greenery. Inside the glass building was an organized array of trees, plants, and flowers. There were small streams of water which could be traversed over with the fancy stone bridges. The general scenery and sound of rushing water made this a relaxing place to take a rest.

Words couldn't describe how amazed or ecstatic you were in this environment. After being stuck in the classroom for so long this was a huge breath of fresh air, even more than the forest.

"Whoa! It looks bigger on the inside." Ace pointed out as he took in the area.

"We should be able to find the necessary tools here. Should we split up and look?" Deuce recommended.

"(Y/N) and I will check the inner gardens." Yuu spoke up before smiling at you.

Part of Ace wanted to protest, but he knew he couldn't argue anything against that plan. "I'll go right, then." He declared as he began heading in said direction.

"I'll check west." Deuce decided.

Then that's settled. You nodded and the other two went their separate ways. Taking in the sights, you continued walking down the stony path with Yuu and Grim.

Grim unsurprisingly was already distracted. "Hey, come look at this. It looks like there's tonsa fruits here!" He gestured the two of you over as he smelled the air. "They smell so good!"