《 5. Angry Too 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

'Cause another and another comin' up out of the gutter
Till I'm drowning in an ocean of entitled motherfuckers

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Shortly after you, Yuu, and Grim reached the Mirror Chamber. You remembered this room all too well. This was where you first started.

"Aaaaah... Why did it turn into something like this? Today is really not my day..." Ace sighed tiredly again.

"Now isn't the time for mumbling! Let's go!" Deuce ordered as he faced the mirror. "Mirror, mirror on the wall. Light our way to Dwarfs' Mine!"

The mirror began to ripple before revealing itself to be a glowing portal. Everyone went in one by one. A flash of white obscured your vision as you stepped inside.

When you came to, you found yourself in the middle of a forest. In this area, the forest was overgrown, nothing like the woods you used to live in. In the distance was a small run down cottage. The scene was oddly familiar.

However, you didn't have time to dwell on it as Deuce piped up, garnering everyone's attention. "So this is Dwarfs' Mine... It used to be prosperous thanks to magic crystal mining but..."

Grim trembled fearfully. A permanent scared look on his face. "Uuuuhh... Feels like something could jump out..."

"...Like a wolf?" You questioned, unable to stop a grin from spreading across your lips.

Upon saying that, you frowned in realization of your own words. What's the matter with me? Is being in the woods getting to my head?

Deuce's face heated up when you spoke, while your words only intensified the cat's fear further. "Yes! So scary..." Grim cried in response.

Ace spotted the cottage in the back. "Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask them about the mine." He suggested.

The five of you went inside, only to find it empty aside from dust and cobwebs. There was an absence of any life in the house. You brushed away any dust or other that had gotten onto your cape.

"Good evening..." Deuce knocked before noticing it was empty. "...I guess it's abandoned. It's a mess in here."

On the way in, Grim ran face first into a cobweb. "Puwah! I got a spider web in the face... Peh peh!" He quickly tried to spit it out of his mouth.

Trailing behind the group, you and Ace glanced around the tiny house. "Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side? Are they for kids?" Ace pointed out as he examined the cottage's furniture.

"One, two... there's seven! So many!" He exclaimed as he counted the chairs.

"This was probably a lively home when Dwarfs' Mine flourished." Deuce chimed in.

The disarray and abandonment was reminiscent of the Ramshackle dorm, only much more grim.

Surely the house I had left that girl in would've turned to this had I killed her...

You shook your head, trying to suppress those painful memories. Stop thinking about things like that.

"They did what they had to. After all, magic crystals are found inside coal." Ace reflected. "For now, let's go check it out."

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────

Leaving as emptyhanded as you were when you entered, the five of you exited the uneventful cottage and headed towards the mine entrance. The entrance to the cavern was fairly large. The boards blocking the path prior had been removed, leaving the entrance shielded by shadowy darkness.