《 42. Oh No! 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

One track mind, one track heart
If I fail, I'll fall apart

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

After early practice, you, Grim, and the trio from Savanaclaw went to the cafeteria for breakfast. Since you got there earlier than normal, you got your food quickly and sat down. Yuu, Ace, and Deuce were absent, most likely occupied by Octavinelle. As a result, Jack offered you and Grim a seat at the Savanaclaw table for a change.

I have to beat this contract.

"Breakfast after a good workout is amazing, y'know! I crave meat more than usual." Grim cheered before digging into his food.

You nodded in agreement. It was impossible to overlook that your appetite was larger than usual. You got a bunch of seconds.

"Oh, yeah. Why did you do something so stupid as make a deal with that octopus bastard?" Leona bluntly asked you. You stopped eating and lowered your fork.

He narrowed his eyes in mild annoyance. "Thanks to you, my room's become so cramped."

Did he already forget your situation? The dorm part wasn't my idea...!

"Leona, (Y/N) didn't bargain her dorm." Jack corrected him.

You parted your lips before pouting. Not being able to respond is so damn annoying. If only you could say something...

Maybe you don't have to say it, but you have to tell him. With or without words.

Wait, that's it! Words!

An idea popped in your head. Reaching into your pocket, you took out your phone. A couple weeks ago, you discovered there was an app for writing notes. You had written a few down before for reminders, but...

You began typing away on your phone. Once you were done, you leaned over and held your screen in front of Leona.

Irked by the gesture, the lion moved back slightly in response. Needless to say, he was displeased you just shoved a phone in his face. Despite his expression being contorted with chagrin, he read off the screen regardless.

'Yuu bargained the dorm, not me. I did a deal to free everyone from the anemones.' You wrote.

In your notes, you briefly explained the situation. For Leona's sake, you tried to keep it short, yet concise.

'If I fulfill the contract, I'll be out of your hair. Believe me, I don't want to bother you more than I have to.'

Leona forfeited a pity laugh. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You made a deal to free all those idiots that entered contracts for the final exams!?"

You shot him a disapproving glare. The regret you had for punching him before seemed to be dwindling.

He continued laughing at your expense. How could he not? "This is rich. Sends a chill down my spine."

"Rumor has it that Azul's study guide is the real deal, though." Ruggie pitched in. He recounted his memory from a week ago. That rumor had spread around the dorm like wildfire. He could understand it a bit. "I kinda get why people would wanna get their hands on that."

Seriously, they should've just asked Azul or someone like him for normal help instead of taking his notes.

"Does that mean you two didn't make a deal with Azul for the tests?" Jack inquired. It might've been implied by their lack of anemones, but perhaps they didn't have them because they ended up fulfilling their bargains.