《 39. NDA 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Think I took it too far
When I sold you my heart

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Azul guided you and Jack to the VIP room. It was tucked away in the back of the Lounge. Floyd's spell must've worn off by now, because apprehension was beginning to creep up your spine.

Once you entered, the two of you stood in surprise. It was extremely pretty. Looking around, you both studied the ornate area. It was like an office for Azul.

Jack was in awe of the room. He couldn't believe a place like this was indeed in Night Raven College. It was like they had wandered out of school. "What's this place...? Are we really still in school?"

His gaze wandered over to the large door in the back. "Look at that huge vault... It's like some kinda bank." He added.

He must keep either his money in there... or his contracts.

Azul walked over to the desk. "Don't just stand there by the door. Please take a seat." He said as he gestured to the couches with a hand.

Snapping out of it, you and Jack obliged. Both of you sat down on the couch. You crossed your legs and folded your hands over your lap. Jade set a tray on the table. It was a teapot with two decorated cups.

Azul watched you curiously. He had to admit, you looked ravishing this evening. Even more so when you were on stage. "So, what is it you wish to discuss with me?" He asked.

"I'm sure you're aware of why we're here." Maintaining your steel gaze, you spoke up coolly. You leaned forward slightly. "Those indenturing anemones. I'd like them removed."

Your bold request had amused Azul. He gave a heartfelt chuckle. "Ahahaha! Oh, my... what a rather tyrannical request all of the sudden."

"You would ask me to release all 225 students from their contracts with me?" Azul inferred.

225 people... geez...

Jack was equally as shocked as you. He knew it had to be around 200. "225 people!? You've tricked that many?"

"Jade and Floyd worked vigorously to make business prosper this year, after all." Azul said with pride.

"Thanks to them, I've had no shortage of clients ready to strike up deals with me."

"Now then, (Y/N). I believe you mentioned the words 'indenturing'?" Azul studied you. Offended by your phrasing, he sadly shook his head. "You make it appear as if I'm enslaving them, but that's far from the case."

"They simply have to work under me due to the agreement we've settled." He corrected you.

"A contract is not something so easily nullified just because an outsider thinks that they look pitiable." He argued as he pushed up his glasses.

"In other words... You are already too late."

You crossed your arms. This was it. You weren't going to save them through normal means.

"...Even if I were willing to make a deal with you?" You asked curiously.

Jack gasped in shock. "Wait, (Y/N)?!" He couldn't believe it. You were going to do it after all. Why?

"Jack..." With a remorseful gaze, you turned to the male wolf. As much as you hated bending to Azul's will, there was no other option. "These contacts are rock solid. It seems this'll be the only way to counter it."