《 37. Partition 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Take all of me
I just wanna be the girl you like

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The two of you parted ways and you went back to Ramshackle. Without Grim and Yuu there, the dorm was oddly quiet. You did a bit of magic study and practice that Riddle gave you. Then, it was around the time you wanted to get ready.

After showering, you did your hair and makeup. You were almost ready, you just needed...

The dress.

Slowly opening the door, you peeked into your closet. Sure enough, it was there. It hasn't moved since you put it in there. It was the dress you bought at the mall that cost a lifetime's worth of madol.

You stared at it for 10 more minutes before putting it on.

After that, you checked yourself in the mirror and made sure you looked good. That's when you remembered something. Taking out your phone, you went to the camera function. You promised Rosalia to take pictures. Finally, you figured out some of the features with the help from Cater, Yuu, Rosalia, and others. Keeping yourself in frame, you took a few pictures of yourself in your outfit. As Cater would say, it looks grammable! You should try posting these to Magicame.

When you heard knocking at the door, you had just finished taking your pictures.

Instantly, you darted over to the door, trying not to fall from your heels. It was a challenging feat. When you finally got to the entrance, you took a deep breath, and then opened it. Jack was on the other side. He was focused on something on the ground, so he didn't see you immediately.

As soon as he did though, he suddenly turned bright red. "Wh–" He instantly averted his gaze. He couldn't look at you. "W-What are you wearing?!"

You looked down then back up at him. "Clothes."

"That's not what I meant!"

"It's still true though." You deadpanned as you stepped out of the dorm. Despite his burning cheeks, he snuck glances in your direction. On your way out, you closed the door and locked it with your key. "Okay, let's go!"

The two of you started heading to Octavinelle. The male wolf beside you was awfully quiet the entire walk. "What, are you nervous now?" You teased him.

"N-No... I just wasn't expecting you to get all dressed up. All we're doing is going to the Mostro Lounge to talk to Azul. It's not like..." He couldn't bring himself to finish. He'd never admit it, but he thought you looked extremely pretty.

"I'm just kidding Jack. I wasn't planning to, but Rosalia convinced me. The Mostro Lounge is kinda fancy after all. You saw how they dress there." You explained with a chuckle.

"...I guess..." He uttered in response. He wasn't going to keep complaining.

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────

It wasn't too long after that you reached the hall of mirrors. On the way there, students had given you two looks. Before you knew it, standing before you was the Octavinelle portal. There were nautical objects decorated around the sides, signifying the themes of oceanic depths. The two of you entered the portal.

When you stepped through, you reentered the beautiful underwater dorm that was Octavinelle.

"I'll never get over this view..." You breathed out in amazement. "WOAH–!"

Since you were distracted, you lost your footing on the steps and nearly fell. Thankfully, Jack was there to quickly catch you by your arm.