《 9. Devil 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

No sugar or spice and I never play nice
But I've known to entice stupid boys all the time

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

───── First Period "Potions" ─────

"So you are all the fresh faces in my homeroom." The teacher spoke up as he eyed the students. "Hmmm, there are some rare hair colors in the bunch. Not bad. Make sure to take proper care of it daily."

Your first class appeared to indulge in potions. You had some basic knowledge of potions from your encounters with witches, however you recalled never requiring their services much.

"My name is Divus Crewel. You may feel free to call me Master Crewel." The professor spoke. He had sleek monochrome hair and a suit of red, black and white and on top he wore a fluffy white and black striped coat.

You grimaced at his phrasing as he gestured to the classroom seats. "Take your seats. Class will begin. ...First for the basics."

With a flick of his wrist, his red, black and white pointer shot open. On the holding end of the pointer was a red dog collar. "I will beat the names and appearances of 100 types of medicine and poison into your little brains." He declared as he tapped his pointer against his other gloved hand.

"We'll cover fungi later. Now memorize these so you don't go around getting poisoned by random things you eat off the ground. Dogs will eat whatever is lying around." He said as everyone opened their textbooks to the correct page and began looking through it.

"Your training will be strict and I better not see any red marks on your tests." He warned the class.

He was probably a good teacher, but all the dog references and insults made you uncomfortable. You're nearly the same species. However, memorization of plants? You were fairly skilled in that aspect. Living in the woods had its perks. Maybe you wouldn't do as horrible in these classes as you thought.

Everyone was changed into their lab uniforms which consisted of a white dress shirt and striped tie with a long white lab coat, mid arm length black gloves and goggles. You had to ditch your red cloak for this outfit, but the uniform looked cute on you.

"I see. ...By the way, what's a 'fungi'?" Deuce questioned once he spoke up.

"...A mushroom?" You answered for him as you raised a brow, puzzled by his question. How did he not know that...?

"O-Oh. Thanks..." He muttered gratefully as he continued analyzing the textbook.

You went back to studying, going down page by page, taking in every bit of knowledge it had to give. Some of these things you've even seen before in the woods. This was actually becoming fun to you.

"Blegh. I'm no good at memorization." Ace grumbled before he rested his chin on the book. Yuu merely ignored him and kept scrolling through the pages.

"All that matters for grass is whether or not it tastes good." Grim stated matter of factly.

───── Second Period "History" ─────

"I'm Trein and I'm in charge of your history lessons." The old stone faced professor introduced himself, a black and white cat with yellow eyes tucked in his arms. "This is my familiar, Lucius."