《 57. motive 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

'Cause I see you tryin', subliminally tryin'
To see if I'm gon' be the one to sing along

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

A day passed from seeing your friends off at the Mirror Chamber. The school was much more peaceful due to the lack of students running through the hallways. However, you stayed inside the Ramshackle dorm since it had been raining all night.

"Look guys, it's snowing." Yuu spoke up, catching your attention. He was standing by the upstairs window. Grim skipped over, and you joined his side.

Upon peering through the glass, you saw white flakes pass by the gray scenery. You lit up like fireworks on a night sky. "That's amazing...!" You said with a smile. It was the first time in a while that you found yourself excited for snow. Normally you'd only feel dread during the winter, but that sentiment was long gone. This time, you could truly appreciate the season.

"Hopefully it keeps snowing. It'll look nicer tomorrow." Yuu brought out his phone to check the weather. Sure enough, it'd be snowing heavily all night. He spared one last glance to the outside before it would be covered in ice.

Eyes fixated on the storm outside, you hummed in agreement. You were looking forward to it. However, the winter also reminded you of the tough parts of your past...

Push those thoughts aside. The weather wasn't to blame for your painful memories. The sight of the snow captivated you, and you couldn't wait to see the piles the following day.

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────

The next day came sooner than expected. You wore a coat dress and your hood over your uniform. Last night was so cold, and the heater failing on you didn't help. Despite the freezing night, you were still able to get a good night's rest. Thankfully you had extra blankets to stack up on, but you kind of missed your fur. It helped a lot during the heavy winter nights...

The three of you stepped out to marvel at the snow. Ramshackle Dorm was covered by a beautiful blanket of snow. It looked as if a layer of fluffy clouds rested atop the dorm.

Careful to watch your step, you slowly descended the stairs with Yuu and Grim. With each movement, your boots crunched against the ice. A faint chilly breeze swayed the bare trees, and your locks of hair.

"Wow, look at all that snow! It's a winter wonderland!" Grim cheered. The pretty sight got him enthusiastic. He jumped around on the snowy stairs and left cat-like imprints all over the place.

"Check me— AAH!" Suddenly, he lost his balance and slipped. As if trying to fly, he frantically shook his arms as he fell into a large snow pile.

"Pfff..." You stifled a laugh at him, and Yuu followed suit. Grim jumped out, and shook the snow off like a cat would. "Don't laugh at that!!" He shouted at the two of you.

Turning your head to the side, your eyes glossed over at the sea of ice. As you briefly stared at it, an idea popped into your mind.

Now that I have hands... You went over to one of the lower pillars. Cupping one of your gloved hands, you scooped a small pile of snow with your other. Discreetly, you patted it, shaping the ice into a tiny ball.

Then you abruptly turned. "Think fast, Yuu!" You exclaimed as you threw the snowball. Unfortunately, he didn't dodge. Your surprise attack caught him off guard, and you hit him in the face. He was effectively stunned for a few seconds before recovering.