《 8. Mad Hatter 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

We paint white roses red
Each shade from a different person's head

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

As soon as Yuu and Grim woke up, everyone got ready for the next school day. The five of you walked together to Main Street.

"Hey hey, outta my way~!" Grim cheered. "The Great Grim is making his way as a student of Night Raven College!"

A self-satisfied smirk grew on the cat's face. "Look at my collar. Unlike the lame thing around your neck mine is very stylish. On top of that, you can't use magic, correct?" Grim teased, much to Ace's expense. "You'd make a really good janitor today. Nyaha! I feel good!"

"You won't let the stuff yesterday go...huh?" Yuu directed at Grim before sparing a pity glance at Ace. "Hey now, he looks so pathetic."

As much as you couldn't understand Ace's pain, you did feel a bit bad for him.

"Grrnnrrgh! I'll remember this for when I get my magic back!" Ace growled, seething with anger as he shot the cat a deadly glare.

When will these two ever behave?

"The headmaster just told us yesterday to not make another scene..." Deuce advised the two. He didn't at all desire a repeat of yesterday.

"When either of you fight it never ends well anyways." You chimed in agreement. Yuu nodded.

"Nevertheless, you're going to have problems in class with your magic sealed." Deuce observed. "Have you thought about apologizing to Dorm Leader Rosehearts and having him remove it?"

"That was the plan." Yuu answered for Ace who grumbled angrily.

"Crap. This won't go well at all!"

"We've still got time before class and I'm curious about the other dorms. Let's go observe Ace's apology." Grim suggested.

Ace immediately shouted in protest. "This isn't a show! Screw this!"

You, on the other hand, were all for the idea to go now, a newfound feeling of excitement bubbling in the pit of your stomach. Admittedly you were interested yourself. Due to missing the entrance ceremony, you unfortunately haven't even seen the Dorm Leaders at all since your arrival, much less the dorms and their residents.

They all seem interesting, especially Heartslabyul's.

This Heartslabyul dorm leader especially piqued your curiosity. He sounded like a tyrannical king who ruled with a fearful power, which sounded oddly familiar to you. Was he actually like that? You wanted to find out.

────── ♡♤♢♧ ──────

The five of you made your way to the Hall of Mirrors. Ace was still apprehensive to the whole idea of going together. As you approached the Heartslabyul mirror, the portal began to ripple. Just like the dark mirror, you stepped forward and were consumed by an obscure bright light.

When you heard the sound of birds chirping and the rustling of trees you opened your eyes. You found yourself standing at the entrance of a large red, black, and white building built like a castle. Rose bushes and trees shaped like hearts decorated the sides of the stone brick walkway. More heart shapes decorated the arches and the fountain at the entrance. The rest of the land was consumed by a massive hedge maze. You stared in amazement at the scenery.