《 20. Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I am the observer, I'm a witness of life
I live in the space between the stars and the sky

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

You and the others moved from the Hall of Mirrors straight to the Pomefiore Dorm. There wasn't even time to admire how grand the dorm looked. Everything in this dorm seemed so regal and emanated a radiant aura of beauty and grace. Although it screamed royalty akin to Heartslabyul, this was more of a cry of elegance. One thing's for sure was that both were a massive juxtaposition from your rugged forest.

Inside the lounge was a color scheme of gold, cream, and dark iris. A floral pattern littered the chairs and floor and bright chandeliers lit the room. You wondered exactly how much each piece of furniture cost.

"Amazing..." You muttered in awe as you looked around. The dorm felt much more like a palace than a student quarters. There was even a pleasant floral scent that hit your nose.

"First up, we've got Pomefiore Dorm. After checking my info, I think we should pay the most attention to the 3rd year Rook Hunt. Golden bobbed hair and a hat are his trademarks." Cater advised as he checked his phone.

"Rook is a very capable player who was vital to the competition in last year's tournament." Riddle explained before lowering his voice nervously. "But he is a little bit... Strange, should I say?"

Isn't everyone at this school?

Deuce glanced across the flourishing lounge over to a group of three seated a fair distance away. "Oh... Is he the one sitting over there?" He subtly pointed to them.

Just as Deuce said, there he was. He was sitting at a table with the shorter boy with purple hair your group noticed prior, and another student you didn't recognize.

Ace was immediately taken aback by their appearances. "Uwah...! They all look like they're sparkling...!" He murmured, completely starstruck.

He was right. They were extremely beautiful. Even you couldn't take your eyes off them as they radiated from their seats. You had no idea humans could be so pretty.

The three people your group was gawking at didn't seem to notice. They were currently immersed in their own affairs. They were drinking what you could imagine was expensive and lavish tea. One of them in particular seemed to be submersed in thought.

Clicking his tongue, Rook waved his finger at the shorter boy adjacent to him. "Non, non, little Epel. Holding the tea cup without your pinky sticking out is not elegant at all, dear." He directed the boy beside him.

The boy in question flinched, almost dropping his cup in surprise. "Ah, yes... I'm so sorry." He sheepishly apologized before correcting his mistake.

Once the attention was off him, he closed his eyes and dejectedly sighed to himself. He seemed deeply regretful of his own actions.

You haven't even met this student, and yet strangely found him relatable from just a glance.

The student with wavy shoulder-length blonde and violet tinted locks was absorbed in his own dilemma. He held his cheek, his violet eyes narrow and a frown of displeasure staining his lovely features. "I'm so very concerned about what to do for our tournament make-up. Aren't you curious about the new foundation from Felicite Cosmetics?"

Rook gave a hearty laugh of amusement. "Hahaha! Oh, lovely Vil, our Rois de Poison! Your brilliance is not determined simply by the quality of cosmetics, is it?"