《 18. Physical 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I don't wanna live another life
'Cause this one's pretty nice

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Look out (Y/N)!" Ace advised with amusement as he flicked his pen and blew the remaining ghost away with a gust of wind.

"Oh, thanks..." You said gratefully before internally sulking at your uselessness.

You hardly did anything in that fight. I really need to know some better spells... I practically have nothing...

Now that the brief fight was over, Grim jumped over to the Headmaster. All he did was make them fight some ghosts. He had no clue what that had to do with Blot.

"Hey, Headmaster! That training with the ghosts didn't help me understand Blot one bit!" The monster exclaimed frustratedly. What was the point of that? Did he just waste their time?

"Grim, please look at the magical jewel on your collar."

Upon Crowley's instruction, Grim held up the crystal in his paw. He was surprised to find the once shiny purple gem was now slightly tainted with a dark smudge. His ears perked up in confusion.

"Wha–!? My magical jewel's got some dirt on it! It won't come off even if I rub it with my paws...!" He cried nervously as he repeatedly wiped the crystal.

"It's a black ink that taints the magical jewel. That's the "blot" that happens after using magic excessively." Crowley clarified.

Once he dropped that revelation, the other two magicians checked their wands to find the same blots.

"Ah...! Now that I look closely, my magical pen has a faint ink stain, too...!" Deuce observed.

"Eh?! It's kinda dirty!" Grim commented on his own.

Studying your own magic pen, you noticed there was a faint blemish at the edge of it. You wouldn't have seen it if you weren't actively looking for it.

So I'm not immune to this rule either.

"I have it as well..." You stated before you showed it to Yuu, letting him get a look at it.

After scrutinizing the pen, Yuu glanced up to look at the Headmaster. "There's a way to remove these blots, right? It's not permanent?" He asked curiously.

Yuu brought up a good point. If this was a huge problem with no solution, people wouldn't be using magic as frequently as they do, right?

"That is correct." Crowley responded with a nod.

"Oh, that's a relief... Phew~" Grim sighed happily. It felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"If you take a proper rest, and are given enough time off, the Blot will disappear on its own." The Headmaster explained.

"A magical jewel does not exist simply to be an outlet for one's magic. One other purpose it has is to accumulate Blot that could directly affect the caster. To an extent, it is a wonderful item that can carry such a huge burden."

So that's how they combat the problem. Since magic worked differently in your world, this was interesting stuff for you.

Deuce held his chin. "I see... In other words, once our magical jewels have become hazy, it's a sign for us to rest our bodies, correct?"