《 19. Who Dunnit 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Never gonna stop until the culprit is caught
So come on

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The Headmaster sent you three on a secret mission. The objective? To find the person responsible for the incidents around the school. Now the three of you were playing detective, and the first stop on the list of your investigation was the school infirmary. It felt like a good place to start since that was where most of the injured students were residing.

Grim forcefully pushed the door open with his paws. "I heard that the injured people are all here. We're coming in!" He announced your trio's arrival as you entered the room.

It was an awkward sight to say the least. The infirmary was overcrowded with people. Most if not all of the beds were occupied with students, each with bandaged limbs or some sort of other injury.

As soon as you stepped into the room, their heads immediately turned in your direction. Since there was nothing else to do, they heavily scrutinized the three of you.

"Who're you guys?" A Heartslabyul student questioned.

The other student with him blinked in realization. "Oh! They're from Ramshackle Dorm. Remember, they were at the Unbirthday Party? A-And..."

They quickly took notice of your presence. Once they saw you, they couldn't take their eyes off you.

Grim seemed to ignore it. "Oh~! Looks like we're plenty famous, too!" He nudged you and Yuu.

...Right.

"Can you please tell us anything about the incident? Anything helps." You asked them politely.

The first student turned red once you addressed him. "I..uh, I-I don't really get what happened either. I was walking while talking with this guy... and before I noticed it, I fell down the stairs." He testified.

"Yeah... It's kinda different from him just tripping or slipping..." His friend replied as he carefully recounted the accident.

"It's like my body just floated and moved on its own... I can't really explain it well..." The victim tried his best to describe, but he was having a hard time putting it into words. His explanation sounded strikingly familiar.

Moved on its own, huh? It didn't seem like an accident?

You gave his response some thought before returning to reality.

"Okay, I see." Grim nodded repeatedly in understanding.

"Let's go talk to the others now." Yuu instructed the two of you. You agreed.

Before you turned to follow them, you flashed the two students a smile. "Thanks." You said, leaving two blushing students in your wake.

The next person your trio decided to ask was a Pomefiore student in one of your classes.

He was... not as cooperative as the last guy.

"Hey, you got injured the other day, right? Tell us what happened." Grim nonchalantly grilled.

The Pomefiore student looked at your trio up and down with disinterest. He didn't take too kindly to the abrupt conversation. "Who in the world are you guys?"

Before any of you could respond, his friend chimed in after him. "His feelings are hurt right now because he trained so hard for the Tournament but now he can't even participate!" He spoke harshly, albeit dramatically.