《 ♡ Bonus Track 3: Perfect Day (Part 1) ♡ 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

I'm in the race, but I've already won
And getting there can be half the fun

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The halls of the school library were pleasantly peaceful. Since the passing of exams, there were less students around to have cram study sessions. It was back to it's serene and calm status quo, and as someone who enjoyed serene from time to time, it was another perfect place for you.

Though, your ears would on occasion pick up the sound of a pencil dropping, or the hushed whispers of students gossiping or sharing answers. It'd be a blip on your normally tranquil radar. While it could be annoying, you didn't find it as such. It was good to know there were other people besides you. If it was too quiet, it'd be unnerving. To know there were other presences other than you... it felt nice.

Cemented in the history section of the library, your gloved fingertips were brushing over the various spines on the shelf, finally stopping on one of the books. Once you confirmed it was the one you had been searching for, you gingerly pulled it off the shelf.

Ever since you first started learning about history in Professor Trein's class, you've been starved for more knowledge on the worldly subject. Perhaps it was because you knew very little about your own world that you wished to fill the cultural void in your head.

Since then, you've been spending your free time reading about Twisted Wonderland history. When you weren't studying, practicing magic, or training at your club, you were in the library perusing history textbooks. Compared to the other students who've spent their lives here, you had a lot to learn in such a short span of time.

Sometimes the bursts of knowledge were overbearing, but being in the presence of friends who understood you, it made it easier to take in.

Currently you were reading up on books about The Great Seven, just to gather any extra knowledge about them. Some of the smaller things you learned were pretty interesting. Such as the King of Beasts having two varying stories regarding his past.

In the first, he tried to get his brother into trouble with a herd of buffalos. The King deceived his older brother, but in the end was attacked by buffalos which resulted in his scar. At least, that's how you interpreted it. In the history books it makes the King of Beasts seem like a victim of the other animals and his brother. That he was a martyr of circumstance, and definitely wasn't getting karma for his actions.

The second back-story detailed the King of Beasts in a pack serving to protect the land and the cycle. He was convinced by another lion that he should become king, but then he was betrayed by said lion and a cobra attacked him. The venomous bite resulted in his scar, and awakened his inhibitions. He had slain the wicked villains, but instead of being praised for his efforts, he was met with disdain.

It seems to be an ongoing trend, that the history books are written with a modicum of bias. While there is truth to them, it spins a narrative to paint certain people in a better or worse light than which they stand in. Even so, it's interesting to read about, if you can read past the blur between fiction and reality.

You glanced down at the book in your hand, eyes glossing over the written text. You were halfway into reading the story about the thorn fairy when you saw a phrase that made you furrow your brows.

The prince woke up the princess with... "True love's kiss..." You muttered, grimacing upon perusing the words. A mild scoff escaped your lips. Yeah, right...

It didn't make any sense to you. How can a person fall in love instantly, with someone they barely know? That was the one thing you couldn't get behind. Even though you're a magical wolf in a school of wizards and magic, it sounded painfully unrealistic.