《 3. Alphabet Boy 》

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

You think you're smarter than me with all your bad poetry
Fuck all your abc's alphabet boy

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

It felt as if there was a growing pit in your stomach. An all consuming void that could explode at any moment if it's needs were not met.

"Let me in or I'll blow your house down!" You shouted angrily at the entrance of the brick house. A loud animalistic growl escaped your lips. Those damn pigs thought they were so clever. Thinking they would be safe in their homes.

However, two poorly built houses of theirs had already been destroyed. What's one more?

When you slowly opened your eyes, you were met with the bright light of day. However, when you sat up, a flash of white passed by the corner of your eye.

What is...?

"Who's this? Another person staying here?" It was three bright white figures.

You unconsciously jumped at the sight of them as you identified their species. "There's ghosts here?!"

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Yuu and Grim behind it. "Great, they're in here now..." Yuu uttered with a frown as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "They didn't disturb you, did they?"

You shook your head. "No...I just woke up..."

As you climbed out of bed, Crowley appeared behind the two. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Very well." You answered truthfully. Both Yuu and Grim looked at you in surprise.

"Ehh?! How are you unfazed by these crappy conditions?!" Grim questioned, speaking Yuu's mind.

I've lived worse...

Crowley on the other hand, was pleased by your answer. "At least we have one resident who's tough enough to be grateful!" He cheered optimistically.

The headmaster gave the three of you a few minutes to ready yourselves. Then you were to meet him in the main lobby of the dormitory.

Your eyes glanced over to the red cape you set on the chair in the corner of the room. It was a constant reminder of the person you spared. That girl. If only you knew her name.

Should I keep wearing it...? You pondered curiously. It wasn't even yours, you practically stole it off of her in order to escape.

You picked it up and draped it over your shoulders. Even so, it was better to keep it with you. Despite being a bright shade of red, it was effective at concealing you from prying eyes. Besides, the boys at this school seem to notice you less when you have the hood up. And that was good for you since you weren't a fan of being the center of attention, especially since you were the only girl here.

...Thank you. You thought to yourself as you put the hood up and walked out.

Once you joined the other two in the main lobby, Crowley began his announcement.

"Anyways," The headmaster turned to face you. "Today is the start of classes. I will give you all the things necessary for you to accustom yourself to the student lifestyle. For I am gracious."

"Firstly, I will grant you this." Crowley approached you and placed an intricate gem connected to a stick in your hand. You twirled it around, taking a liking to the design.