8. Shut out feelings...

Kim Namjoon

As soon as I saw Yoongi standing in front of me I went straight into his arms, thankful that he came. I almost forgot about Seokjin but I was looking so weak right now that, if I talked to Jin right now, he would probably ask me hundreds of questions that I wasn't in a state to answer. So I kept my head buried in Yoongi's neck, my tears making his t-shirt damp.

To my surprise, Jin just looked at the two of us, and finally left, banging the lavatory door on his way out.
Great. Now I made my only friend in this school angry. God, why am I so stupid? I should've let him talk...

I was still wandering in my thoughts when Yoongi pulled away from me and asked-
"You remembered the past again, didn't you?"
I didn't respond to him and he took my silence as a yes.

I looked at him knowing that he would help me out.

"Namjoon-ah, grab hold of your feelings... You can't just run away from people and shut them out when they try to care about you."

He was looking at me sternly now.
I must have looked confused because he went on...

"Do you even realise what you did just now? No. You don't. You just disappointed the only person you are actually friends with at this shitty school! And that boy is
KIM SEOKJIN!!"

I hung my head even lower looking as sheepish as I could, because I knew what he said was true.

"Namjoon-ah... I know you're past has been painful. But it's time you get over it and start living a normal life! You can't shut out everyone from your heart! Go and apologize to Jin!"

I knew Yoongi only gave me the best of advices, so I followed his instructions like an obedient puppy.

"Ok hyung"