17. Wanna eat rameyon?

Jung Hoseok.
~pov~

Me and Yoongi had decided to leave Namjoon and Jin alone. There was definitely something going on between them. But I couldn't just blurt it out to their faces. That would be awkward.

Yoongi was really upset about leaving Namjoon alone. But I led him outside as we sat on the chairs just outside the room.

The corridors of the hospital were all white, and half portion of all the walls was covered with white ceramic tiles. The place smelt faintly of medicines and injectables. It was the kind of peculiar smell we'd all got used to whole growing up.

As we both sat there I looked over to Yoongi only to meet a depressing sight. He was sitting there as if he were a robot whose wires have been ripped out from the inside. He looked miserable.

I hesitated at first but then I put my arm around him, and pulled him towards me.

"Hey. Yoongi, it's ok. Don't be so depressed. Namjoon will be fine. Trust me. I know Seokjin. He hasn't had a very good life history either. But I'm sure that Namjoon will find a place to confide in inside Jin hyung's heart."

I tried to reassure him, and to this he replied,

"One, I'm not depressed. I'm just worried. Because he bumped into Jin and then went off running to the bathrooms crying. Two, when you left them to talk alone, Namjoon fainted. How am I supposed to trust Jin? Three, HYUNG? Is he older than you?"

Wow. Those were a lot of answers. And a good question.

"Yes. Jin hyung is 21 years old. And I'm 19. Namjoon told me he is also 19 but he is a few months younger than me. What about you?"

"I'm....well...older than you but younger than Jin. So that means he's my hyung too. Uhh... I'm 20 years old. Well, after hearing about Jin being older than me, I feel bad that I said all that shit to him. That to his face."

He looks down sheepishly. I sigh. He's totally a tough cookie but he's worth a shot. Maybe he'll open up if I stay with him longer.

Suddenly we heard muffled voices from inside the room.

"Hey Joon...uh, can I call you that?" That was Jin hyung.

"Of course you can call me that. You're my best friend now." This was Namjoon's voice.

"Look, it's ok, alright. Calm down. We're fine. Ok. I'm all ears. So, take your time and tell me things slowly."

After that they were talking really slow and all that I could hear was-

"really rough past"

Yoongi looked over me and said, "I hope what you tell me about hyung is true. And I hope Joon will be ok. Let's give them some privacy."

I agreed.

"Do you wanna eat rameyon?"
I asked a bit too straightforwardly.
He looked at me for a second as if he was about to punch me in the face.

But he slowly smiled a really little smile, and said,

"I'd love to."