Monster

I leave for school earlier today because of projects.

I enter the school gates and I hear Whispers. Yoongi tells me there have been some rumours about me and Seokjin. I don't take much notice though I'm frustrated.

I see some different people standing in the science lab. I'm told that they are from other schools. I'm forced to be nice to them. Be good with them and smile and laugh with them.

I'm busy doing the project when I see Seokjin standing in the doorway. I wave at him, but he stands still and all I see is that he's crying.

The rumours.

I rush after him calling out to him to listen to me. He doesn't stop. He rushes to his car and drives off. I follow him in Yoongi's car.

I chase him until I feel him looking at me through the back view mirror.

However, soon enough, he's gone, right in front of my eyes.

Author pov.
No matter what happens Namjoon wasn't going to lose Jin's trail. He was following him. But Jin...he drove like a maniac.

He doesn't notice the lights from the back of the truck,that is slipping down the road due to faulty handbrakes. All he can think about is Namjoon.

The truck smashes into his car. Pieces of glass fly around as the car turns over.
There is a loud crash heard all over the crossroad. The sound of glass breaking and metal screeching is the only thing that's heard in the eerie silence of the moment.

The upturned car holds a dazed Seokjin, who is struggling to get some air but the seatbelt traps him in.

And all the goods from the truck fall onto the car, leaving Jin with no way to escape.

Gasping for breath, Jin is covered in his own blood, hoping to stay alive, hoping that someone would get him out, hoping to see Namjoon again...

But it doesn't happen. He's buried deep in, and hope is given up as he slowly drifts to peaceful sleep of death.

Namjoon pov

I can't believe what I see. It's right there in front of me but I'm frozen. The truck smashed into Jin's car. And all the things have fallen on him.

I leave my car, get out and run to him. Trying to take off all the goods and boxes from his car is taking all my strength, but I would even give my soul to the gods, if that means I can save him.

My eyes start to blur with all the tears that are forming in my eyes. I can't bring myself to beleive this situation yet.

While digging, I finally see his hand and I am taken aback at what I see. His hand....hi- his hand is covered with blood. His blood. My Seokjin's blood...

The blood trickles down to the road slowly.

I freeze. People are taking the boxes off but I can't bring myself to imagine, that if his hands look like this, what would his face and body look like...

I'm so scared I can't even feel my own body. Tears stream down my face uncontrollably.

I had promised to save him at any cost... Why did this happen...? Where did I go wrong?

I soon hear the voice of sirens reaching closer. I'm still frozen, as the people In the ambulance ask me whether I'm Jin's family or not.

I say yes. And they take me along. I'm holding his hand, trying to brush off the blood but it doesn't make a difference.

His body lays lifeless against the cold bed of the ambulance.

His face is covered with blood and so is the rest of his body. His eyes are closed as if he's at peace. An uncomfortable peace... He lies there completely still. as I watch him, realising it was my fault that I got too close to him...

I told him to stay away.

We reach the hospital and the people, possibly the nurses ask me about a contact number that I should give them. I give them Hoseok's contact, Cause he's the only person I can think about right now.

I call Hoseok and hand over my phone to the nurse who explains everything to him. Because I can't. I don't have the strength to tell a person as happy as sunshine, that I killed his best friend.

I am sitting outside the ICU, as I think about what mistake I made...

There's a faint smell of injectables, and antiseptics, and I remember all about my past. I had hated hospitals, and now I'm here again, not for myself, but for my boyfriend.  

A hand reached my shoulder and I flinched as I looked up. It was Hoseok. His eyes had a sad look. One I had never seen before. That look kills me from inside.... I got up and hugged him. He gave the best hugs, and for now, I needed a really big one...but I guess he needed it more than me...

I fell into his arms crying, and buried my face in his neck whole he held me and simply mumbled to me,

"Don't you dare think it's your fault".

I look up at him.

How can it possibly not be my fault? The guilt rises in my heart as I cry my eyes out.

After half hour, the doctor comes out of ICU and talks to Hoseok. He turns to me and he's completely blank. His eyes have a faraway look in them and I know something is wrong.

"What did he say?" I ask.

"H-... he's, he's sorry."

I have realised over the years what the sorry of a doctor means....

"He says, he- he says Jin lost a lot of blood. And that his bones are badly fractured. I- its- it would be hard. He says that if Jin doesn't wake up in 2 days.... he's in danger of going into a coma..."

Hobi falls on his knees crying. I've never seen him cry, and I feel like I just ripped off the only source that was keeping him Alive. Looking at him cry is making me feel awful. I feel like a criminal.

I feel like a monster...

Don't forget to vote if you like the story :) <3