16. Comfort place

Kim Seokjin.
~pov~

Namjoon was a crying mess by the time he finished.

"So, you know," he said, "it was all my fault! ALL OF IT!" he stood up and I kept looking at him.
"My mom and my sister ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF ME! I'M A MONSTER JIN!!"

I flinched as he shouted looking clearly annoyed with himself. I was cautious now. I had a feeling he was about to do something stupid. I had seen this once. Not again.

"Hey, calm dow-" I started but he cut me off.
"DONT FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN JIN! STAY AWAY FROM ME! THERES A REASON THAT I PUSH YOU AWAY! I AM A MONSTER! NOTHING BUT A GODDAMN MONSTER!"

"Joon, please! Get hold of yourse- NO! DONT!!!!!"

NO! He rushed into the bathroom and slammed the door hard. I couldn't reach it in time.

"Joon! Come out right this second!! KIM NAMJOON!! OK, YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE NOW! COME OUT THIS INSTANT!"
I instinctively found myself shouting too.
I kicked the door, and found, to my surprise, that it wasn't locked.
I entered inside. This was the bathroom. Not the toilet... And it was bigger than what should be at a hospital.

I saw Namjoon. He was...huddled up in a corner, knees up to his chest, arms wrapped around and he was crying. But worse than that, he was shivering.
Oh no. I couldn't let him get sick again.

I took off the thin pink jacket that I was wearing, revealing my plain black tee underneath, and put it around him. And then he just practically threw himself on me. He hugged me, and I had to adjust my legs so that he was kind of in between them. He was sitting in my lap, hugging me, and burying his face inside my neck, making my tee damp with the tears he was crying. He was clinging to me like a baby koala.

Oh god...he's too cute.

For some reason, I felt really tired at that moment. And when I looked down at Namjoon who was clutching my t shirt with his soft hands, I realised that he has fallen asleep. What the fuck was I supposed to do now?

I couldn't even move cause I was holding him, and after all this traumatic story telling, I think it is best for him to sleep.

But... my lap? That was the last place I would want him to sleep in.

Anyhow, I adjusted myself and put my back against the wall carefully so Namjoon won't be disturbed.

Then I tilted my head backwards to get support from the wall.

And then...there we were. In a bathroom, sitting down on the floor, the boy I like sitting in my hands fast asleep as he puts all his faith and trust in me.

And me trying to figure out how I have to pull Namjoon out of his past for him to lead a peaceful life.

My mind wandering as my eyes slowly get heavier by the minute, and I gradually drift into sleep.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××