CHAPTER 61&62

★★★★★

JEON INVESTMENT***

Jungkook entered his office, a deep frown visible on his face. He brought out his phone and dialed Jimin's number for the umpteenth time, but he wasn't picking up.

"Where the f**k are you, Cara?" He muttered.

He already went to check his post but he wasn't there. It was unusual for him to leave the office without informing him.

He dialed V's number and he picked up.

"Meet me in my office" he simply said and hung up.

He went to the window, staring outside but his mind was faraway.

The door opened and V entered. He bowed his head.

"You called for me," he said.

"Have you seen Cara? I mean, Jimin?" Jungkook asked.

"Mr. Park? No, I haven't" V said.

"He's not here in the company" Jungkook turned to face him.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"I was outside checking out for Mr. Park," V said.

Jungkook stared at him, not saying a word.

"I went out for lunch and I'm just returning back, I didn't even take long" V quickly confessed.

"Damnit!" Jungkook growled, rushing out immediately. V went after him.

Jungkook got outside and entered the car hurriedly.

"Drive me to Jimin's place, hurry!" He commanded the driver.

The driver nodded and started the ignition, the car zoomed off speedily.

V came out of the building, looking at the car which was already disappearing out of sight, he roughed his hair aggressively.

"F**k! I should have just starved myself" he muttered to himself.

****

YONSEI UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL***

Mrs. Kim entered the recovery room and a tear escaped her eyes when she saw her daughter laying on the bed unconscious with different pipes connected to her body.

"My baby" she whispered, taking slow steps to the bed.

"I'm sorry, Mommy is sorry" she bent her head as she cried.

"It was my fault, I should have just let go of the past and take care of you, I'm a bad mother" she sobbed.

The truth was that Hyeonji's father didn't actually die when he had an accident. He survived the accident but he gave his daughter his heart when she was experiencing heart failure.

****

FLASHBACK, THREE YEARS AGO***

Mrs. Kim rushed Hyeonji to the hospital, screaming her lungs out.

"Doctor! Nurse! Help, my daughter is dying! Save her please" she cries with Hyeonji in her arms.

Two nurses rushed to her and collected Hyeonji from her.

"Save my baby please, I beg of you" she begged.

"We will try our best," the nurse said and took Hyeonji away.

Mrs. Kim folds her palms together as her tears keep falling like a river, she couldn't afford to lose her only daughter.

Hyeonji was sick and her Dad went out to get some drugs for her. When she noticed he wasn't returning back soon, she had to rush her to the hospital herself.