VI

Riley's POV

You're fcking dead Jenna.

Jenna left me and Ma'am Ren when she saw her friends in the parking lot. So in the end, it's only me and Ma'am Ren who's heading back to the clinic.

"Get inside Riley." my senses snap back when I heard Ma'am Ren's voice. I didn't noticed that I'm spacing out. 

She's now ushering me to get inside her car after she opens the door for me.

There's no need to do that kasi may kamay naman ako.

I really can't believe na iniwan ako ni Jenna after I boldly ask Ma'am Ren those questions.

During our meal, tahimik lang ako at si Ma'am Ren and Jenna nalang nag uusap. Hindi rin nag attempt si Ma'am Ren na kausapin ako while we're eating as she's too busy catching up with Jenna. 

And now, I'm sitting in front seat with Ma'am Ren. As usual kinakabahan ako but this time I know why, because I know I did something that I shouldn't have.

"Riley? Are you okay?" Ma'am Ren worriedly asked.

"Yes Ma'am Hana, I'm okay!" bakit ang high pitched ng boses ko?! 

After saying that I'm okay, Ma'am Ren moved closer to me to reach my seatbelt. Putangina. Her face is almost touching mine and she's looking directly into my eyes. 

"So.. now you're calling me Ma'am Hana, Riley." she said while not breaking the eye contact. My body tensed up because of her emphasis on my name. My body is reacting to her gaze but it seems like it's no big deal to her.

Hindi pa naandar yung kotse pero I swear gusto ko ng bumaba at takbuhin nalang yung daan papuntang clinic.

"If you're thinking about what you did earlier, it's okay Riley. No big deal. So please, ease out." she said while buckling my seatbelt. After that she went back to her seat to buckle her seatbelt.

"Sorry po Ma'am Hana. I was just curious lang po and I didn't noticed that I'm being casual." nakatungo kong sabi.

"Call me Ma'am Ren." she said and then she start the engine. 

-

Tahimik lang ako habang nasa biyahe but I've noticed that she is looking at me in the rear view mirror. I'm not used to this, me being quiet and not breaking the ice.

"You're still thinking about it?" basag na tanong ni Ma'am Ren. 

"Yes Ma'am, I'm really sorry po talaga hindi ko napigilan yung bunganga ko." dirediretso kong sabi.

"I told you already that it's no big deal. Please act like the usual, you're scaring me." she's supposed to keep her eye on the road but she took a glance on me after saying that. 

"Okay Ma'am Ren, sure ka po ha?" she responded with a nod and a smile.

I ease out after that affirmation and starts checking out her car. Madali akong kausap.

"Can I turn on the radio Ma'am?" I asked. I'm slowly releasing the tension that I'm feeling kasi sabi naman ni Ma'am Ren okay na eh.

"Sure." she smiled. "You're finally feeling comfortable again no?"

"Yes Ma'am! Sabi mo eh. Pwede ko na bang sagarin yung pagiging comfortable ko Ma'am Ren?" here I go again, being bold. 

She looked confused with what I said "What do you mean?"

"Can I call you ate Ren when we're outside and when it's not working hours?" oh my guts it's firing up again.

I looked at her face and it seems that she was taken aback but she immediately smile, AGAIN?!!

"Okay." she said.

"So ate Re-" I was about to ask her another question but I was interrupted by a call. I saw the name in the car dashboard and it shows Ma'am Nita is calling.

"Oh my god si crush."

I've noticed na kumunot yung noo ni Ate Ren.

She answered the call on speaker phone.

"Hey! Guess who's back, you mf boyfriend. He called me and-" dirediretsong sabi ni Ma'am Nita pero hindi sumagot si Ma'am Ren at binaba niya agad yung call. 

"You have a crush on Nita?"

"You have a boyfriend?!"

We both ask simultaneously.