XXXII

It's been one week since Ren's housemate arrived. Hindi sila madalas mag kita kasi ilang beses lang umuuwi si Ren sa bahay, mga dalawa o tatlong araw lang sa isang linggo.

She usually stays in her office or in Martha's place.

She's still working non-stop pero non-stop din sila Martha, Tristan, and Nita sa pag sermon sa kanya.

"Ren, stop using your job to keep yoursel-." She's talking to Nita over the phone.

"I'm trying my best and you know that." She's planning on shifting her employment status from full-time to a part-time employee.

"Let's talk about this tomorrow. See you." Ren was confused.

"Anong meron bukas?"

"Saturday bukas Ren, you know our drill."

They always meet up every Saturday. Just to hang out, talk, and do nothing. They all commit to that schedule because it is their only way to unwind.

It started after Ren almost lost herself.

"Oh yeah sorry, it slipped my mind. I'll be there." 

Biglang may kumatok sa pinto pagkatapos ibaba ni Ren yung telepono. Pumasok si Halsey sa office ni Ren to remind her about her schedule. Ren thanked her and immediately went to the conference room.

-

After the meeting, Ren noticed that Halsey is giving her a weird and confused look. As if she did something unusual.

"What's wrong Hal?" Ren asked while they were walking in the hallway.

"Ma'am! You fell asleep during the meeting!" she excitedly said.

"Okay? So?" Ren asked, "Are you going to scold me?" 

"Gusto mo ba Ma'am pagalitan kita? Hahaha..." Ren is fine with Halsey's antics and she's glad that her secretary can handle her despite being cold to her sometimes. "That's very unusual of you po eh, ibig sabihin po mabilis ka ng nakakakuha ng tulog?" She knows about Ren's sleeping problems.

Ren didn't notice and gave it a thought, "Yeah, very unusual." Maikling sagot niya. 

It's very unusual but Ren also experienced this before. She thought her sleep quality is getting better but after a few weeks, she was getting worse again. But, Ren thought it's really been a while since she experienced improvement. 

Tumango nalang si Halsey, "Gusto mo Ma'am sabay tayo mag lunch?" Napapikit si Ren because this happened before but it's not Halsey.

"Y-yeah sure Hal."

"One more thing Ma'am! C.. can I call you ate kapag hindi po office hours?" Ren felt sick in her stomach after she asked that. Not because Hal is being too comfortable with her but because of the familiar feeling.

"No." She said flatly. 

Tumango si Halsey at nag sorry.

"Ang cold talaga ni Ma'am Hana, but I will still try to break the ice." Halsey thought.

-

Since it's Friday, Ren decided to go home early. She finally went home after 4 days. Dumating si Ren sa tinutuluyan niya ng 5 PM at pagkabukas na pagkabukas niya ng pinto, lumabas yung housemate niya. 

Their body and faces are too close to each other. Ren immediately moved away. Tiningnan ni Ren ng masama yung roommate niya pero nginitian lang siya nito.