XXI

Riley's POV

Pinapanuod ko kumain si ate Ren ngayon at pambihira, wala pa daw siyang kain ngayong araw kasi nalimutan niya. She's eating my leftover foods.

"You're always like that ate?" nakakunot noo kong tanong.

"Like what Riley?" she said while chewing her food tapos tumingin siya sa akin. Sinundot niya yung noo ko, "huwag ka suminangot."

"Psh." umirap ako "paano mo ako liligawan if you can't even take care of yourself." mahinang sabi ko.

"I'll change this habit... sorry." Lumingon ako. "What habit?" I asked.

"When I'm super busy, I always forget to do the most basic, yet important things. I even forgot to..." umiwas siya ng tingin "check on you." uminom siya dun sa baso, eh wala namang laman.

"I hope I didn't make you feel like I.. ghosted you." asarin ko nga.

"Hmm, your absence did not make me feel like that, no big deal ate. Parang normal days lang. And also, hindi pa naman tayo so I'm not expecting you to always be with me." naka smirk at confident kong sabi.

Hindi siya nag salita. 

Tumango tango lang.

Ate mag salita ka.

Huy.

Ate?

Joke lang kasi.

Hala.

Hindi talaga siya nag sasalita.

Okay.

Talo na ako.

"Ate jok-" biglang nag ring yung phone niya. Nakita ko tumatawag si ate Nita. She answered in speaker phone. "Hell-"

"HOY REN SABI KO WAG KA MAG DRIVE WALA KA PANG TULO-" binaba agad ni ate Ren yung tawag tapos nilagay niya sa bulsa yung phone.

"Thanks for the food Riley... uwi na ako." ngumiti siya ng pilit sa akin. Tumayo siya sa table at pumunta sa couch para kunin yung gamit niya.

"W.. wala ka pang tulog ate?" Tumango siya. Ayan Riley inasar mo pa.

"I'm fine Riley don't worry. Good night." Hindi siya tumingin sa akin nung naglakad siya papuntang pinto.

Ayan na, nakukunsensya na ako.

Bago pa niya mabuksan yung pinto, humarang ako. 

I tiptoe and gave her a peck. "Riley what ar-" I held her nape and gave another peck.

-

Ren's POV

"I miss you ate Ren." Riley said after the second peck. I looked away because I don't want her to see me smiling over this. I can't believe I'm blushing. This is not me.

Since I'm not looking at her, she held and kissed the back of my hand to get my attention. When I turned my head around to look at her, she gave me another peck.

Riley makes me feel like a teenager internally screaming and giggling over a peck and kiss on the hand. She's a breath of fresh air.

"You're not supposed to kiss me Riley, we're still in the courting stage." I just said that but I like what she did.

"Eh? You fingered me alre-" I shut her mouth with a peck. I don't know why my grown-ass self is shy about it. "Okay Riley I get it, just a peck okay?" she nods but she's pouting at me. Ang cute.

I gave her a forehead kiss, "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning." I said before leaving her unit.

Riley sparked my interest when I overheard her saying that she had a crush on me when she was talking with Jenna; despite the fact that she has a lot of crushes, she gave me a tingling feeling inside that I had never felt before. I feel like a teen who is in admiration of someone.

I'm not sure how it happened, but my feelings for Riley grew stronger by the day, to the point I find myself thinking about her most of the time, especially after that kiss in the bistro. I also feel connected to her, without even trying, because of the things that we have in common. 

-

6:24 AM

"Ate, I'll drive tapos matulog ka nalang sa biyahe." It's probably obvious that I haven't had enough sleep. We texted until 3 AM and I don't know where my tiredness went at that time.

"I can manage Riley."

"Okay, just let me know if you want to take turns." she smiled at me before she buckled her seatbelt.

We both haven't eaten our breakfast so we drive-thru to grab some food and coffee. Riley is helping me to eat while we're on the drive.

"By the way Riley you won't see me that much in the clinic na," I took a quick glance at her.

"Hindi naman talaga tayo madalas mag kita kasi nasa HR dept ka eh tapos kami nakasubsob sa assessment." she said after taking a bite on her burger. She's a messy eater. We're on stop so I wipe the remaining mayo and ketchup on her face.

"Kalat naman kumain," I said and she glared at me. "I mean, I'm not the head of HR dept anymore. I'm just a consultant now. I'll be in the clinic twice a week nalang." I clarified. I just accepted Tristan's offer because the situation back then was a disaster.

"No, hindi pwede ate." she's frowning. Please lang ang cute.

"Okay, I'll talk to Tristan." she looked at me in awe. "Joke lang kasi! Patola masyado." then she rolled her eyes at me.

"Riley, fries..." I asked and when I opened my mouth and she was doing the airplane thing. I laughed. 

"Ayos kasi Riley, I'm hungry." she stopped but when I was about to bite the fries she put her finger instead.

She's teasing me.

So I sucked and lick her fingers inside my mouth, and she quickly pulled it out. After that, she didn't feed me and spent the entire ride staring out the window.

-

Riley was still silent when we arrived at the parking lot. As I approached her to unbuckle her seatbelt, I noticed her body stiffen.

"Bakit hindi mo ako pinapansin Riley." I asked her after I sat back in the driver's sit.

"It's my way of stopping myself from kissing you. You don't know how much I want to suck your lips earlier when you suck my fingers." I really like her boldness. What she said gave me butterflies and I want to give in to her but no.

"Kiss me then..." she immediately move her body towards me "peck lang Riley. No sucking and biting lips." She rolled her eyes and gave me a peck. "Damot." she whispered.

"I'll pick you up later after your shift."

"What do you mean? Hindi ka papasok ate?" oh I forgot to tell her.

"Since I'm just a consultant, ang pasok ko nalang ay every Monday and Friday."

"Ano ba yan... kung ganon, pahingi pa isang kiss ate?" Her eyes are pleading, ang cute niya talaga?

I lean in to kiss her on the lips and then on her forehead.

"Have a great day ahead, babe." I saw her eyes widen.

"Harot mo, Ren." I laughed.

But Riley calling my name without "Ate" sounds so sexy to me.