XXXV

After Ren left, the gang talked to Nita about what she said earlier. All eyes and ears are on her because they didn't like what she said to Riley.

They are pointing out that regardless of what happened, they should not treat Riley as if she was dead.

"It was Ren who said that you can't bring back a dead person, ginaya ko lang! Grabe kayo sa'kin..." Nita said while acting like she was about to cry.

"I wouldn't blame Ren but I didn't expect that she would say that..." Martha said.

They all nod, except Nita.

"Kahit siya eh nagulat sa sinabi niya, kaya humagulgol siya at nag sorry sa hangin nung sinabi niya yun. It's just part of drunk Ren moments." Natawa sila sa pag kakawento ni Nita.

"B-but Riley..." Singit ni Marcus, tumingin siya kay Jenna and she gave him a look of encouragement, "really almost died that night." tumungo si Marcus at Jenna.

Marcus and Jenna knew what happened, everything. But they keep it a secret because Riley told them to do so.

"What?!" Sabay na sigaw ni Martha at Tristan.

"H-how did you know? I thought Riley cut her communication to both of you since that night?" Tanong ni Martha, tumingin siya sa kapatid niya.

"She did! Both us! All of us! Ako I understand if she cuts me off pero eto..." Tinuro niya si Marcus "I can't believe she cuts him off as well. Childhood best friend niya to eh!" Tumataas yung boses ni Jenna, but she's not mad.

"So how did you guys know?" Tristan asked.

"She reconnected with us a year ago and told us everything that happened." Mahinang sagot ni Marcus. "The only one who is with her the whole time is Lily." Jenna continued. 

Martha and Tristan shake their heads in disbelief. They're confused and overwhelmed but they are thankful that Ren is not with them now because she will probably lose her mind again.

Lumingon si Martha kay Nita kaya napalingon din si Tristan sa kanya. They noticed that she was the only person who is not shocked and in disbelief after hearing Jenna and Marcus' confession.

"You knew this Nita?" Tanong ni Tristan. At tumango si Nita.

"Yes, I knew that she got into an accident."

Parang sinikmura si Tristan at Martha dahil sa mga nalaman nila. 

Hindi na alam ni Tristan at Martha kung ano yung mararamdaman at sasabihin nila, but both of them are mad at Nita. They're disappointed towards Jenna and Marcus but they understand if they choose Riley, but Nita? They don't understand why.

"Explain." Tristan calmly said, but he's hella mad. He was just trying to keep his composure. 

Kinabahan si Marcus at Jenna sa aura ni Tristan. 

"K-kami po?" sabay at nauutal na sabi ni Jenna at Marcus. Tristan felt that they got scared of him. 

"No, her." then she pointed to Nita. 

Huminga ng malalim si Nita.

"It's Jasmine's fault."

Nakatingin sila kay Nita, they're waiting for her but she's not saying anything. Humihinga lang siya ng malalim.

"Ano ba?! Sasabunutan na talaga kita." Naaasar na sabi ni Martha.

"Handa ba kayo? Kasi ako hindi..." Nagkakamot ulo na sabi ni Nita.