IX

Ren's POV

I arrived at Riley's unit at exactly 8 PM to pick her up. I keep on pressing the door bell but it seems like she's not inside as no one opened the door. I also called her multiple times but she's not answering. So I called Marcus and asked if he was with Riley but he said he's not.

"Hinatid ko siya kanina Ma'am Ren so I'm sure she's at home. I'll try and call her po." then he hung up.

I still try and rang her door bell but no one opened the door.

"Ma'am Ren she's not answering, wait for me Ma'am pupunta po ako jan." he's panicking.

"What's happening Marcus, you're panicking."

"I don't know Ma'am but it is unusual of her not to answer my call. I called her 12 times pero hindi po nasagot, I'll be there Ma'am within 5 mins."

-

When Marcus arrived, he entered Riley's passcode.

"Why do you know her passcode?" I asked.

He did not answer me as he keeps on entering the passcode but it's not working.

"Shit Riley what's happening??!!"

I'm starting to get worried because Marcus looks so agitated and worried. He's panicking as well.

That's the time he continuously presses Riley's doorbell.

After 15 mins she finally showed up.

However, Riley passed out the moment she opened the door. I panicked but the good thing is Marcus was able to catch her. He immediately tried to carry her on her room but...

"Ma'am Ren... patulong po hehe." he said.

Damn those muscles... so useless.

I put her right arm on my shoulder and I noticed that she's burning hot.

We managed to put Riley on her bed. I sat beside her and when I was about to ask for a thermometer, Marcus was already holding it. He checked the temperature and damn... it's 38 degrees.

"Ang tigas kasi ng ulo mo Ry." Marcus said and he immediately went to the kitchen to get a basin and ice.

I looked at Riley. She's groaning and breathing heavily as if she's having a nightmare. I don't know what to do so I held her hand and she squeezed it.

I've noticed that she's crying. I wiped her tears and... I don't know why but I suddenly kissed her hand.

"Mama... papa... I'm scared..."

"Shhhh Riley, everything's fine." I caressed her hair and kissed her hand, again.

She eased out and stopped talking but still, she's breathing heavily. I've noticed that she's soaking in her own sweat.

When Marcus came back with a basin and ice, he went to Riley's closet and took out some clothes.

I'm just watching him as it seems like he knows what to do and knows where to find what he's looking for. Are they a thing?

He was about to remove Riley's shirt when I stopped him.

"What are you doing?" I seriously asked.

"Ah Ma'am pupunasan at papalitan ko po yung damit niya..."

"You have a right to do that? Are you her boyfriend?" why do I sound so nosy asking these questions?

"No Ma'am... I'm her best friend po and I'm gay." That's not a valid reason!

"But you're still a man. You're not supposed to undress her!" Okay Ren why are you mad?!

"I u-used to d-do this before Ma'am and Riley is p-perfectly fine about it." he's stuttering.

"Well, you will never do it again." I said and aggressively grabbed the towel on his hand. I'm glaring at him and Marcus was in utter shock.

What was that Ren?

"Get out." I said.

"Ma'am kahit ako na po mag pupunas kay Riley nakakahi-"

"Ako na Marcus..." I glare at him "...get out." I said firmly.

He immediately ran out of the room and seems like he's scared to death.

-

After wiping Riley's body with cold water, I start to undress her. I lift her upper body and rest her head on my shoulder so that I can easily put on her clothes. While fixing the hem of her shirt, she suddenly hugged me, making my body stiff. She put her hands around my waist, which seems very familiar to me and I don't know why.

"Ma, don't leave me again please... I'm scared." she said, sobbing.

I'm like her.

I cry hard and call my parents when I'm sick. That's the only time that I forget that they will never come back, even if I beg.

I gently caressed her hair and let her hug me because my parents used to do this to calm me down. I know I shouldn't but... I kissed her forehead as well, and then she calmed down.

I gently put her back to bed.

Honestly, I see some parts of myself to her after knowing that she has no parents.

And I really felt bad when I kissed her at the pub. I feel like I disrespected her.

I don't really remember everything that happened, I just know that I gave her a peck several times, probably on her lips and cheeks. Like what I used to do with Tristan and Nita.