Special Chapter

Ren has been away for work and returned home after two days. She arrived at around 11 PM in her house, expecting Riley to greet her with a warm hug, but she found a note instead. 

"Let's break up."

Ren thought Riley was teasing her because their two-year anniversary was coming up in a week. 

Sinubukan niyang hanapin si Riley sa buong bahay pero ni anino wala siyang nakita. Wala na rin yung mga gamit niya. Sinubukan niya rin tawagan pero wala. Nagtanong siya kay Marcus, Lily, and Jenna pero kahit sila hindi na matawagan si Riley.

When she realized that Riley is really gone, her mind went blank.

Nawala yung pagod at antok niya.

Her entire body is aching not because she's tired, but because she's in pain and anxious.

She fills her head with a lot of questions while the excruciating pain in her chest is killing her. She is in worse pain, which she has never felt before, not even when her dad died.

The thought of Riley leaving her is killing her inside.

Ren already noticed that there's something unusual with Riley and that's after she had a closure with Jasmine. She noticed that Riley became anxious and suspicious, and always asks her the reason why she love her.

Ren never gets tired to tell her the reasons, but Riley is always on edge and sometimes gets hysterical. They came to the point that Riley doubted even Ren's simplest act of service.

"You don't really love me, Ren! Naaawa ka lang sa akin, you want to protect me because you see yourself in me because both of us don't have parents anymore. It's yourself that you want to protect. It's yourself that you want to love. You're using me to fill the void inside you. You have mistaken your love for pity."

Ren stormed out of her house when she heard these words during their fight because she really can't take how Riley was acting toward her. But before she leaves the house, Ren makes herself clear that she will leave Riley because she wants to give her enough time and space. That she will come back.

But for Riley, Ren wanted to leave because she doesn't really love her.

Most of the time, they were able to resolve this kind of conflict, pero nauulit. Despite that, hindi napagod si Ren kay Riley.

But Riley did.

Riley suddenly leave without explaining why, which makes Ren left hanging with a lot of questions that keeps her awake in the middle of the night.

Their two years relationship just suddenly ended.

After what happened, Ren still tries to look for Riley but apparently, she failed. Wala siyang alam kung nasaan talaga siya at bakit siya bigla nalang nawala.

Just when Ren risked and gave it all, bigla nalang nawala ng parang bula si Riley. 

Lagi niyang iniisip kung ano yung mga pagkukulang niya at kung ano ba yung mga maling bagay na nagawa niya. "Am I being too much? Too less? Am I lovebombing her? Did I put too much salt in her soup? Did I forgot to buy her favorite milktea? Baka nalimutan ko na magpatalo sa pang aasar niya?" She thought.

Ren keeps on thinking that Riley left because there is something wrong with her. That she did something wrong. Laging iniisip ni Ren kung paano siya hihingi ng tawad kay Riley kung sakaling magpakita ulit siya. But as time goes on, walang Riley na dumadumating. 

Ren went insane. 

Things did not go well with her. 

She is awake most of the time, and she experience nightmares when she sleeps.

The situation takes a toll on her health, both physically and mentally. 

But her friends did not leave her, Tristan, Nita, and Martha. Even Jenna and Marcus stayed with her because, like Ren, Riley left them hanging, especially Marcus. Ren has noticed the effort and time that they invest just to help her. 

So, she did her best to get better, without Riley. 

Two years after the breakup, Ren is somehow doing well. She was able to return to work, but she developed insomnia, which is the reason why she always feel lethargic and exhausted. Her insomnia is also the reason why she is not permitted to drive. She went under psychotherapy and medication for it.

Ren is doing her best to get better and to stay alive, but she is in limbo, stuck in between loving and forgetting Riley.