XIV

Ren's POV

"Ate ilang taon ka na?" After that disaster, Riley did not let go of my hand when she took me here in the rooftop of the bistro. Thankfully, we're the only customer here. 

She's not asking me about Morph and about the girlfriend thingy.

"What an out-of-nowhere question Riley." she laughed and then offered me her drink. "Baka gusto mo ate?" I just nod at her, grabbed the can, and took a sip.

"I'm 24." I said. She gasped. "What's with the reaction Riley? Do I look older?" I finished her drink.

"No ate... nagulat lang ako na you're younger than ate Nita, ate Tin, and Doc Tristan eh mag kaka batchmate kayo."

"How did you know?"

"Na kwento ni ate Nita at ate Tin." I noticed that her cheeks were red.

"Marami ka ng nainom Riley?" I asked. "Kagagaling mo lang sa sakit diba?"

"Thanks for the concern ate but I'm okay na." She stood up to look at the view but she lost her balance.

"See, you're drunk already," I said while helping her to get back on her seat.

"Hilo lang ate but I'm not drunk yet." she gave me a smile.

"Riley, why are you not asking about it?" She looked at me. "Can I?" she said. It seems like she's waiting for me to give her permission. She is very considerate. 

"I already drag you into this mess so yeah, you have the right to ask." She moved closer and faced me. I can see her honey-brown eyes and flushed face.

"Pano yun ate if he found out na we're not really girlfriends?" I know she will ask this question.

"I'm actually planning to file a temporary restraining order before we go to Quezon because he's been following me everywhere lately. I never thought that he will end up being a creep." I should've done it earlier.

"Oh, okay. But ate... are you okay?" She gently touched my arm. "Kasi oh namumula parin."

"I'll be fine." I pat her head. "Yun lang tanong mo?"

I'm not expecting this one. I only expect questions that concern her. 

"Do you love him?" I've noticed that Riley is the one who usually breaks the eye contact between us but now she's not. She's looking straight into my eyes, waiting for my answer.

"I used to love him but now... he's just my friend." I'm not even considering him as my best friend anymore.

"No more unresolved feelings na?" she said still not breaking eye contact. I answered yes. 

She nodded and said "sana all, share tips naman ate Ren haha" tips? What?

"Why? You also fell in love with your best friend?" I asked. Another thing that we have in common I guess?

"Anong fell in love ate? She became my girlfriend! Then boom, she disappears." I'm seeing the pain in her eyes but she's masking it with a smile. 

We just went silent. She's just looking at the sky and I'm watching her. I don't want to ask her more questions but honestly, I want to know more about her... about Riley. 

"Ate..." she said, breaking the silence. I looked at her but she was still looking at the sky. "Umm?" I'm waiting for her to speak but she didn't. Say it, Ren. Say it.