XXXVII

Nothing changed the next morning.

On her way to work, hinayaan nalang ni Ren si Riley na sumunod sa kanya hanggang bus stop. But this time, Riley is waiting until Ren gets on the bus.

She almost forgot, again, her cell phone that she placed in the living room when she was preparing for work. But Riley handed it to her before they leave the house.

When Ren arrived and entered the building, she saw Claire running towards her. They both greet each other with a good morning. Claire already apologized for her behavior last time.

"Ma'am nung umuwi ka po nag aantay parin sa labas si ate Riley?" tanong ni Claire nang makasakay na sila sa elevator.

Nagtatakang tumingin si Ren sa kanya, "H-how did you know?"

"Sinamahan ko siya Ma'am pero pinauwi na rin niya ako kasi gabi na."

"Magkasama kayo?"

Tumango si Claire.

"She's... she's waiting for you yesterday in the lounge Ma'am. Hinihintay ka niya lumabas, but she saw that you're with Halsey kaya bumalik nalang siya sa bistro. Tapos sinamahan ko nalang po siya."

Claire looked at Ren to see her reaction but there was nothing.

"Ma'am... is it really over?" tumingin si Ren kay Claire. "You know that I like her Ma'am, right? Hindi ko po alam kung may chance ako kay ate Riley but I will try," she said while looking directly at Ren. She wants to express her sincerity.

"Do whatever you want Claire," Ren said before exiting the elevator.

Pagkalabas na pagkalabas ni Ren sa elevator narinig na agad niya yung bunganga ni Halsey.

"Maaaaam may surprise ako since today is Friday and is your last day as a full time employee!" dirediretso lang na naglalakad si Ren habang nasa gilid niya si Halsey na malapad na nakangiti sa kanya.

"What?" walang ganang sagot ni Ren.

"Sandamakmak na meeting! Hahaha..."

Ren typically despises sitting in an office meeting that could have been an email, but she was fine with it today because those meetings will help her to divert her thoughts.

"Ma'am! Alam mo..." ayan na yung mga kwento ni Halsey pero hinayaan nalang ni Ren. "Nakita ko na yung laging kasama ni Claire, yung Riley?" Ren is trying her best not to roll her eyes. "Ang ganda pala niya Ma'am!" Halsey continued.

Humarap sa kanya si Ren na nakasimangot, "Are you not going to your work?"

Halsey just scratches her head and nods at Ren. Napatalon siya sa gulat ng pabalibag na sinara ni Ren yung pinto.

-

Nita, Tristan, and Martha were having dinner together. They're talking about inviting Riley on their hang-out day.

All of them are fine with the idea but they don't know if Ren is okay with it.

"Nita sure ka na wala ka ng tea kay Riley?" Nang aasar na tanong ni Martha.

"Oo nga! Kahit hindi ko alam yung side niya, I know Riley has her reasons and that bitch Jasmine has something to do with it." Nita was really disappointed and mad at Riley years ago because of what she did to Ren.

"I met Riley last week." Putol ni Tristan. Gulat na napatingin sa kanya si Martha at Nita. "How is she?!" Tanong ni Nita.

"She said she's doing fine but... it seems that she really changed a lot, physically." Nagaalalang sabi ni Tristan.