s e v e n

Y/n

Something is wet. Perhaps, it is my palm. Someone is licking it. I open my eyes and find a huge dog licking my palm softly.

I squint my eyes and raise on my elbows to get a clear view. I am in my room. In our mansion. Jungkook's and mine.

That is what he called it last night. I did not expect our wedding night to turn out this way.

Jungkook didn't force me to sleep with him. He did not touch me. He didn't even talk to me harshly. He is not anything like my father.

And he calls me Angel.

Jeon Jungkook is not what I heard.
Jeon Jungkook is who I saw last night.
A glimpse of him.

The dog grabs my attention back by woofing softly. For such a big Doberman, it is a softie at heart. A gentle one.

There is a post-it note on his head and I snicker grabbing it.

Hi. I'm Bam.
Daddy says you should have breakfast.

I smile at Bam and pet his head. Daddy and Bam are such cuties. Instant energy fills me this morning and I rush to the bathroom to freshen up, so I can go downstairs and meet him.

There is another post-it note on the mirror in my bathroom.

Good morning, Y/n.
I made cheese tteokbokki for you
Please have it
I'll be back before sunset

My heart drops and all the energy slowly dissipates because he is not home. I lazily brush my teeth and shower.

The fact that Jungkook is not home isn't that bad at all. It will give me some time to settle in, unpack, and wander around.

I make my way downstairs after putting on a yellow summer dress. Once I'm in the kitchen, there is a post-it note on the refrigerator.

Breakfast is in here.
The fridge is fully stocked; you can cook anything if you do not like tteokbokki.

Pfft. Jeon Jungkook, you do not know a few things about me. For starters, I cannot cook.

I take out the cheese tteokbokki and look around for an oven. When I find another post-it note on what seems like a cupboard, I figure out that it's a built-in oven. The note says

Last night you gave me a part of yourself
Now I'm giving you one of mine.
.
.
.
I'm scared of microwaves.

I burst out in laughter, can Jungkook be any cuter? Gosh, I want to meet him, be with him, he is so easy to talk to.

It feels like we do not need proper conversation to feel comfortable, his smile and post-it notes make my day.

I wait while my breakfast is twirling inside the oven and look around the kitchen. It is an open kitchen with an Italian marble counter, built-in stove, oven, and refrigerator.

The living room is just adjacent to the kitchen with big couches and a centre table. The theme of this mansion is all grey and black. Except the curtains are white.

One wall of the living room is completely glass and the lake is visible from here.

God. I didn't admire the beauty when I came here last night. The oven dings and quickly dug into my breakfast.

The cheese tteokbokki melts on my tongue immediately. I never had something so delicious in my life. Ever. Jungkook sure has a lot of skills.

I eat in peace, watching the lake. This is what my life looks like now? There is an unexplainable warmth in this place which I never felt back at our fortress.

That fortress was filled with cold betrayal, and harsh realities of Mafia life whereas this estate feels peaceful and welcoming.

I want to take a walk outside along the lake, I don't know if Jungkook would like it. I don't know at what time I'm allowed to go out. Back at my father's place, we were never allowed to step outside afternoon.

So I finish breakfast, do the dishes, and go back upstairs. The door of his room is closed, I couldn't resist but take a look inside.

Who the hell has black sheets and black curtains and a black sofa too? There is no color, whatsoever here. At least the rest of the house has light coming in.

I found another post-it note on his side table.

Miss me already?
I'll be back soon. I had to go or I wouldn't have left you alone the first day.
Please don't be mad at me.
🙁

Jeon Jungkook, I miss you now.

I want to see him. I want to know more about him. I have this urge to do something back for him. Just like he did all of this for me.

But what can I do? I can't even cook. Urgh! First I'll unpack and then think about it meanwhile.

.
.
🦋