t w e n t y - t w o

Y/n

"I'm a terrible friend." I jump off the couch and shove my feet into my woolly slippers as Jungkook called them, "How did I not think about her?"

Just as I am rushing off, Jungkook steadies me by holding my shoulders, "Y/n," my gaze meets him, "Deep breaths, Angel."

I try to calm the fck down but I cannot. I was so engulfed in my own issues since yesterday that I forgot what Maria would have gone through after seeing Joon injured.

"She is fine, Angel. You can go and meet her but Fox will take you in the utility vehicle."

Right. My feet aren't in the best condition but I have to meet her. Right now. "Okay."

After Jungkook fed me breakfast as he promised, we spent the morning cuddling in the living room, watching the sunrise over the lake.

Everything felt so natural, the tender kisses, the way he pulled me closer every few minutes, the subtle kisses and the brushing of his fingers on my skin were beyond perfection. It was dreamy, so dreamy that I forgot the world around me.

I hugged Jungkook goodbye and left for the Central Mansion. Joon and Jungkook are leaving for work, she needs me now.

Oh, she might be all alone, I dash out of the elevator and move towards the master bedroom...only to find that she's not alone.

There's a beautiful woman, in her mid-twenties with golden blonde hair and a tight black dress hugging her body sitting along the bed.

Aware of my presence, Maria and the blondie look my way, I find an expression of relief on Maria's face telling me that she is finally happy that I'm here.

I enter the room and the blondie scans my figure, head to toe, "So you are JK's wife, huh?"

The way she addressed my husband as JK and emphasized the word you made me feel inferior at once as if she is trying to tell me that I'm not capable of being his wife.

But I don't let her deter me and I have my own identity, "My name is Y/n and you are...?"

She scoffs in disgust, "I'm Jimin's sister, Lilah."

Of course, whatever. This blondie is giving me bad vibes and Maria is on it with me.

"Take care, Maria. See you in the evening." She excuses herself and leaves the room murmuring under her breath.

Maria lets out a huge exhale once she's gone and it has me asking, "Who tf is that?"

Maria shakes her head, "Menace."

"What?" I climb the bed and sit beside her.

"She's Jimin's sister. Half-sister. They are not biologically related."

"Oh, I see. So that gives her the right to be...her?"

"Ugh," Maria grimaces, "I hate her, she's trouble, Y/n. Just stay away from her."

The blondie was giving off bad vibes. There's no way I'm letting her in my inner sanctum.

I apologize to Maria for not being here since morning. Her blood pressure shot off last night and she passed out. I feel so bad for not thinking about her sooner.

As I am about to lay down beside her, she moves my hair behind my neck, notices the hickeys, and jolts up with shock, the IV stand falls and the nurse rushes in. Maria squeals, "When the hell did this happen?"

"Careful, Maria!"

The nurse gives a weird look as she adjusts the IV bag on its stand and I wait for her to leave. "Last night."

"We don't share that kind of relationship," she mocks me.

"Maria!" I shove her aside playfully and lie down beside her, to narrate my panic attack.

I let out everything to her, the very reason why I had a panic attack. I feel like a burden is lifted off my chest when I finally tell her about my dad and my life before the wedding.

When I turn to look at her, there isn't an ounce of pity in her eyes, all I can see is pride. "You are the strongest woman I've known in my life, Y/n." Her eyes shine like diamonds with unspilled tears and I immediately engulf her in a hug.

I also told her about the arrangement Jungkook and I have. I blush and blush reliving the moments while telling her and her eyes go wide and wider.

"So he didn't touch you at all?"

"No." I pout at her.

"Hmm," she shakes her head while plotting something, "We are going to change that babe."

I heave a sigh and don't dare ask her intentions because I am very well aware that Maria and Lia have a way of making a statement.

Jungkook

"Your debt is settled in cash and the transfer of ownership of one of our casinos to you. Why do you want the ports now? What will I get in return?" Mafia Lee asks Yoongi sitting right across from him.

After yesterday's fight and the day before yesterday's fuck up at the ports, Mafia Lee has called for a meeting because Min Yoongi is persistent in wanting access to the ports.

I don't understand why when he has a huge shipping business in Jeju and Daegu.

"Safety," Yoongi mutters.

Mafia Lee scoffs, "From what?"

He has been getting on my nerves with his one-word answers for half an hour. I jolt up and slam my palms on the table, "Safety? Kim Namjoon and Lee have a thousand more men than you have. Cut the crap and spill your intentions, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi only smirks, "If I want the ports, I'll have them one day and that is the day you all will be safe."

He buttons his suit after standing up and storms out of the office leaving all of us in suspicion.

Mafia Lee continues smoking his cigar despite coughing extremely. The old man's health is deteriorating and I don't think he will make it to the birthday party Lia and Y/n are planning. He exhales heavily and bore his gaze to mine, "Yoongi wants revenge for his mother's death. The only heir of my family is your family now, please protect her JK, do not leave my little princess alone. You have to be her shadow."

"I swore on my life that I'll protect her until my last breath. You have my word."

Mafia Lee smiles at me with pride and dismisses the meeting.

Joon and I walk out of the Lee fortress and I get a call from Y/n. My lips immediately curve up as I hit the answer button.

Before I say anything, her sweet voice echoes through the phone, "Mr. Bunny, I'm calling to give you my health updates."

When I told her to call me every hour, this isn't what I expected.

Fox and Wolf talk to me in a code language addressing me as 'Black Panther'. I'm a bunny now? I exhale as I shake my head, "Hello Little Bear, what is the temperature?"

She giggles, making my heart flutter, "Normal."

"That's a relief. See you in a bit."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay Mr Bunny, I'm awaiting your arrival at our usual spot. Don't be late."

"I wouldn't dare, Little Bear." I cut the call and Joon is giving me a weird side-eye. I shrug and don't care what anyone thinks because this is our secret conversation.

My phone dings when I get in the car. My blood runs cold when I open the message from Yoongi.

Take care of your wife. Don't tell me that I didn't warn you.

Min Yoongi is up to something. I have to watch him closely from now on. I will not let him anywhere near my Angel.

.
.
.
🐨
Hey.
Sup?