t w e n t y - s e v e n

Jungkook

"Panther, something is fishy," our trusted informer Gusto tells me.

"What do you mean?" Jimin asks. We are at Rkive, the café.

Rkive is a conglomerate consisting of a chain of hotels, coffee houses and restaurants, casinos and sex clubs owned by us. Jimin usually handles the casinos and clubs and Jin looks after the finances.

"The ship's containers were only half filled when our men opened them. I think there was something else in that and it was evacuated before the ships reached our ports."

"That means someone else is using our ships?" My first thought of suspicion goes to Yoongi, he is persistent about wanting our ports.

"You think it's Yoongi?" Jimin asks me, he thinks the same too.

"Why would he do that? Yoongi isn't a deal breaker, and he already has a huge shipping business at Daegu."

"We are missing something, Panther," Gusto says, "...something is going on behind our backs."

I can't pinpoint what, exactly? After the deal with Lee, we no longer have major enemies who'd dare to cross us.

"Any clues?"

"No, Panther. Clean."

"Okay, you can go. Keep me updated."

Unknown appearances make me restless. It's much better to be familiar with the enemy, so I can track him and skin him alive. Why do I feel this silence before the storm?

Y/n

When I see Jimin and Jungkook coming out of the cafe, I run and pounce on my man.

He gets startled at first but hauls me off the ground, hugging me to his chest. "Angel..."

There's a relief in that voice and God, how much I missed it. I missed him. I clutch him tighter and inhale my safe scent. I inhale him.

"Bye, Lovebirds," Jimin smiles and leaves in his car.

I let out all the emotions I was holding back for two days. Jungkook hears me sniffling and asks, "What happened, Angel?"

"Put me down," I want to look into his eyes. When my feet hit the ground and my eyes meet his, I feel like I haven't seen him in weeks, months.

"Why are your eyes so red?" He caresses my cheeks, "You look so pale, Angel. Have you been eating?"

He is angry but I don't care. Jungkook takes one glance at Wolf and he shakes his head in disapproval, "Jesus, Angel! I wasn't there for two days and look what you've made of yourself."

He tugs my arm, "Let me feed you some food first."

He cares about me.
Our marriage isn't about some fcking deal.
Whatever we feel for each other is real.

I clutch his black leather jacket in my fists, and my chin wobbles, "Who are you?"

"What?"

"Why are you so nice to me? Why did you protect me, marry me, and give me this beautiful family? Why were you always there for me? Unconditionally!"

...more tears from my eyes make him angry, but I can't bear the void between us, I need him closer, mentally.

"...why did you let me into your life, when you had no reason to?"

Jungkook grabs the back of my neck and brings our lips closer, "I missed you," he growls.

He seems angry. He doesn't answer any of my questions, "I fcking missed you," he says it again and again like he is wanting to know if I missed him.

"I missed you too, Jungkook, so much."

Silence hangs in the air for a moment before his lips slam down on mine. Oh, the taste of coffee and him, claim my body and soul.

In my peripheral vision, I see all our guards turn their backs to us and stand in a circle around us. That is when I realise we are kissing in the middle of the street, with the world around us and I couldn't care less.

I tighten my hold on Jungkook when his tongue pushes into my mouth, and I kiss him back trying to match his intensity.

Passionate is the word that best describes my husband.

My.
Husband.

"I couldn't stay away from you for two days, without yearning for you, every second, how could you ask me if there is no reason for me to do all of it, my love?"

...and with that, all of my insecurities came crashing down to the ground.

He said 'my love.'
Jungkook loves me.

Jungkook places my palm on his heart and yanks me closer, "My heart will keep beating as long as you are here, Angel. All the reasons be damned."

My heart expands trying to take a fill of this beautiful moment that will be etched forever.

"Jungkook, I..."

The screeching sound of car wheels pierces through the air and the glass behind us shatters. I scream and Jungkook's arm around my waist tightens, he hauls me off the ground and we are fully pressed against the side of the car along the sidewalk.

My face is pressed into his hard chest when Jungkook draws his gun out, "I'm right here. Eyes on me and nowhere else."

I blindly burrow my head deep into his chest, trying to convince myself that I'm safe as long as Jungkook is around me.

When more bullets are shot our way, Jungkook lets go of me, runs in the open, and starts firing. I'm hauled off by Wolf and dragged to my car as I watch Fox lying cold on the ground.

Jungkook runs our way, yelling, "With your life, Wolf."

"Yes, Panther."

"No." More cars appear, bullets firing our way and my heart beats in trepidation, "Noo...come with me. Jungkook!"

I kick my legs in the air wanting to get out of Wolf's hold, wanting to get Jungkook back, safe to me but I'm already being hauled into the back of the SUV. "Let go of me!"

I can't leave him alone, "Jungkook! Noo..."

My screams come to a halt when a bullet pierces right through the middle of his chest and blood oozes out. A breath gets stuck in my throat and my heart stops.

Jungkook smiles through the pain and mouths I love you to me before crashing onto the ground.

🦋
.
.
.
I know
I know
Just wait 🫸
.
.
gimme song recs please
aurelia 🩷