f o r t y - e i g h t

Y/n

Days pass by. I didn't know we'd stay here for this long when I packed, not to mention the heat in this country. I rummage through the clothes in my closet not finding anything decent to wear.

Jungkook said that he'll be home by evening and I want to look pretty for him. I need new clothes and not wear the worn-out ones I've been repeating the last couple of weeks.

My phone buzzes on the side table. I take it and flop on the bed. "Hi, Lia."

"Yo, girl." She greets, in a low sad voice.

"Hey," I get worried. "Are you okay? Is Poppy okay?"

"Yeah, yeah everything is good," she pauses, "I miss you here."

I sigh in relief, "I miss you too, Lia. It's so lonely here but I have Bam. Jungkook is mostly busy with work, so Bam and I keep each other company."

"Ah…about that…" she trails off.

"Spill it, Lia." I urged her after recognizing her uncertain voice.

She exhales loudly. "Your brother-in-law is acting all weird."

"Brother-in-law?"

"Taehyung," she groans, clearly annoyed. "Ever since you left, he has run into me every single day. At the gym, at the grocery store, at the mall…clearly it's not a coincidence. When I asked Matt, my bodyguard, to find out how Taehyung always shows up wherever I am…Matt found a tracking device under my car."

She rambles and I first get shocked, then amused realizing the protectiveness that runs through men of the Kim family.

Recently Maria mentioned that Joon also has tripled her security and established a child delivery facility at the infirmary on the estate, so she wouldn't have to go out.

The men are on high alert for whatever reason and I'm glad that Lia has Taehyung. The depths Taehyung would go to make sure she is safe…

"Can you believe it? He bugged my pink Lambo."

I can feel the pout on her face but baby, he bought you that pink Lambo. And that's not my story to tell.

"Why would he track you?" I feign innocence.

"I don't know. The other day when I got rid of the tracking device he barged into my house growling in anger as if he did not invade my privacy enough. He threatened me not to mess with his systems."

"Woah." I'm at a loss for words. Damn Taehyung, that's one way to kill romance.

"And when I asked him what rights he had to bug me…he told me that this is a family protocol as I am his sister-in-law." She gags in disgust, "We aren't even sisters, and Jungkook and him aren't brothers either. Sister-in-law, my ass."

I stifle a laugh. "Hmm. It's okay, Lia. He meant no harm, things haven't been pretty lately. Our family is on the edge, I believe it's something huge seeing the number of people involved. Jungkook hasn't told me what it is either but every man in the family is protective of their close ones. Maybe Joon or Jungkook asked him to keep an eye on you…don't worry Lia, let him do his job."

It is not as easy as said. I have been nagging Jungkook for his overbearing protectiveness for weeks and Lia will find it hard to adjust to this invasion of privacy and the restrictions put on her, the men following her, everything will be overwhelming but she will learn to understand that it's for her safety.

"...and he even got me a dog."

"WHAT!" I almost trip off the bed.

"Yep. The same breed as Bam, it is also military trained, I have a manual that consists of the codes for the dog. Everything is so infuriating. You know how scared of dogs I am right and this is not as cute as Bam, it is big, terrific, and broody like his dad."