f o r t y - s i x

Jungkook

"It is a two-week-long trip. To and fro." Luca says. "Starts from Poland to France, Germany, Italy and goes to the Gulf through the Mediterranean and then to SouthEast Asia that is Seoul, which was never a stop before and finally reaches Russia via the Kuril Islands."

"What the…?" My eyes widen when Luca shows me the Google Maps trail of the ships trafficking women.

"The girls are from different countries and races. Nothing particular but they fall into a certain age group. Nearly ten to thirty."

I'm numb. I don't know where I stand in this huge network of sleazy criminals trying to trade women and sell them across borders.

I throw my head back and sigh in distress. Luca agreed to a meeting at this beach house once he finished his groundwork. Joon, Jin, Tae, and Jimin are in shock on the monitors in my makeshift office.

My initial thoughts of women being trafficked from Italy to Korea have crumbled to the ground. 

"This is more complex than what we thought," Joon exclaims. 

Dark rage is fuming through me and I hate that I don't have a name. Maybe Yoongi is a tiny part of this network. 

"I wondered if Yoongi wasn't behind all of this.  But to organize such a big crime syndicate it takes more than one person and Yoongi might just be a link in the chain." 

Joon nods hesitantly at what I said. 

Jimin sighs. "I will be there in a couple of days and then we can track the network from each city in Europe."

I nod at him.

"Jin hyung and I will have to keep track of what days the ships will arrive in Seoul." Taehyung says, "I think you'll have to stay there for longer. Even if we can track two trips that means four weeks." 

A month. 
Perhaps more.
Y/n's birthday plans. 
I have to make amends.

We discuss the nitty gritty of our strategy and end the call. Luca and I have a separate conversation on how to assign our men at the ports of Warsaw, Berlin, and Sicily. 

Namjoon hyung will station more of our men in the entire Korea and track where the girls are being transported to.

I clear my head by having a whiskey while Luca smokes a Toscano cigar. "I heard that you have wifed Lee's daughter. That man was a greedy pig."

Whatever Y/n's dad put her through runs in my mind. Greedy would be the understatement of a lifetime. He was irrationally brutal and sick. 

"Mhmm."

"Is she good?" Luca asks casually because he had kidnapped his wife and forcefully married her after making her fall in love.

I chuckled. "She's not as fierce as yours. Mine is a little…" pleaser who takes pride in my praise. "...on the cuter side."

He laughs out loud. "Cute doesn't suit you, Jeon."

"You'll take back your words once you meet her. She is making dinner for us."

Y/n

Three days later.

The sand feels soft like cotton under my bare feet. I have been walking on the beach for only five minutes but it feels like I've been walking for days here.

Because I'm feeling lonely. Well, if you don't count the four guards hovering over me like bees, I'm all alone. I wish Bam was here. I miss him.

My brain, not my legs, gets tired and I sit on the sand and watch waves tickle my feet.